Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New key card added, listed as "Unknown Key"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to replace a lost key card today. My wife stopped at a service center, they deactivated my old key card, gave her a new one and they activated it and labeled it with my name.

See the screenshot below, the icon for the new key card is a "key", and is listed as "Unknown Key" and my wife's key card is in there with the label "Key card" (somehow it lost her name), but the icon is a "card" and the type is "key card" as expected. The new key card appears to work as expected.

I stopped back at the SC, they had me reboot, still the "John" key looks they same. They techs didn't know why. Any idea as to what it means? I started the car with my phone, so it isn't related to the current active key. I also tried to remove the key, but it gives another message saying I need another key card to remove the "John" key card, but I didn't have the other one with me at the time.

The above may seem confusing, but basically just wondering why the icon is different and why it is unknown and why it can't be removed?
keycards.png