TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Key Fob Holder

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Cutch26, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Cutch26

Cutch26 Member

Has anyone that recently received their X gotten the new key fob holder pictured in this link?

Refreshed Pearl White 90D Photos

Or do only Model S owners get the new one?

I hope we get them!!

2. nautical

nautical Member

i got one for my 90d (picked up friday 5/27), but it has "model s" printed on the bottom. they just stretched it around my FOB. i assumed that was standard, but looking back at pics see that it's not.

3. masam

masam Member

Not to hijack this thread but, how many key fobs do you get with the car? I was told during a test drive that you only get one. I find that a little hard to believe

4. nautical

nautical Member

for reference, here's what came on both my fobs.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  5. Cutch26

Cutch26 Member

Thanks that's still better than the old one

6. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

• Like x 1
  7. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

Cross posting since it's relevant to this thread.

8. timf

timf Member

That's the first I've seen of the new fob holder. Mine came with two leather pouches with key rings, plus key rings on lanyards that attach directly to the fob.

9. MichealW

MichealW Member

I hope they make the key fob thongs in a leopard print. I feel like I need to step out and take some risks.

• Funny x 12
    • Like x 1
  10. alexargo

alexargo Member

Weird. I just picked mine up and got a box that held the two key fobs, a tool to pop the back off, and two key rings attached to a short rod that you can attach when the back is popped off. No leather for me. I like the key ringss though. They work pretty well.

11. MichealW

MichealW Member

I just went to Tesla and asked for the key fob thong thingy. LOL... They gave me one (they are made for the S but fit perfectly fine on an X key) then they handed me a box of the new high end key fobs for the X (Looked like a watch box, super nice with a big X on it). Below is the evolution of my key fobs. I will use the thong thingy and the new key ring one. I will report back which I like better. Hope this helps :) FullSizeRender.jpg

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  12. MichealW

MichealW Member

The box for second to last fob key chain. Super nice! Something I would have paid fifty bucks to have if I hadn't been given one. Two came in the box.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  13. omega731

omega731 Member

I now have the "Thong" song stuck in my head. I will make it my theme song as I am leaving the SC this Friday when I finally pick up the BATMOBILE (my 5 year old who is obsessed with Batman named it).

14. MichealW

MichealW Member

LOL. Some how I missed that song.... I will say people call my car Batmobile all the time. My X is black and I blacked out the chrome so yeah... Looks pretty sweet. Your kid will love it. I have a five year old as well and he really has fun with it. Enjoy!

• Funny x 2
  15. omega731

omega731 Member

I saw this post and went into a full-on snort fest with the laughs. Made my day, thanks. Ours is Midnight Silver, 5 year old was the deciding vote. We kept flip flopping between the pearl white and Midnight. Our first picture is attached...it's at the SC waiting for QC. I wonder how many acronyms we have for the X so far? I guess that's a question for another post. This last week is brutal. Now I know how you all feel, been waiting for so long, but the last few days are what get you.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  16. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Because I didn't want the sides scratched, my thong has a red chastity belt underneath.

image.jpeg

Because I didn't want the sides scratched, my thong has a red chastity belt underneath.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 2
  17. omega731

omega731 Member

Ok, this thread has gone from X, to XXX.:cool:
    That, looks cool. Is it a gel fob cover, covered by the "thong" thingy? Or can we now order different colored fobs from an outside vendor?

18. omega731

omega731 Member

Figured it out...really nice!

19. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

This is wonderful! Did you get this at delivery or was a seperate purchase to protect the fob?
    Moments ago I just dropped my fob again for the 2nd time and it is getting roughed up real quickly.
    I'm liking this gel covered version better than the thong one.

20. Bonlaw

Bonlaw Member

Thong courtesy of Tesla. The under item from Abstract Ocean. They pretty much supply all of the silicone fob covers.
    Abstractocean.com.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1