Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Key Fob Holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for reference, here's what came on both my fobs.

Attachments

• IMG_3826.JPG
    IMG_3826.JPG
    468.2 KB · Views: 840
  • IMG_3825.JPG
    IMG_3825.JPG
    525.5 KB · Views: 764
  • Informative
Reactions: newtman
Weird. I just picked mine up and got a box that held the two key fobs, a tool to pop the back off, and two key rings attached to a short rod that you can attach when the back is popped off. No leather for me. I like the key ringss though. They work pretty well.

I just went to Tesla and asked for the key fob thong thingy. LOL... They gave me one (they are made for the S but fit perfectly fine on an X key) then they handed me a box of the new high end key fobs for the X (Looked like a watch box, super nice with a big X on it). Below is the evolution of my key fobs. I will use the thong thingy and the new key ring one. I will report back which I like better. Hope this helps :)
FullSizeRender.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: ssq and Gymee
I just went to Tesla and asked for the key fob thong thingy. LOL... They gave me one (they are made for the S but fit perfectly fine on an X key) then they handed me a box of the new high end key fobs for the X (Looked like a watch box, super nice with a big X on it). Below is the evolution of my key fobs. I will use the thong thingy and the new key ring one. I will report back which I like better. Hope this helps :)View attachment 180501

I now have the "Thong" song stuck in my head. I will make it my theme song as I am leaving the SC this Friday when I finally pick up the BATMOBILE (my 5 year old who is obsessed with Batman named it).

I now have the "Thong" song stuck in my head. I will make it my theme song as I am leaving the SC this Friday when I finally pick up the BATMOBILE (my 5 year old who is obsessed with Batman named it).

LOL. Some how I missed that song.... I will say people call my car Batmobile all the time. My X is black and I blacked out the chrome so yeah... Looks pretty sweet. Your kid will love it. I have a five year old as well and he really has fun with it. Enjoy!

LOL. Some how I missed that song.... I will say people call my car Batmobile all the time. My X is black and I blacked out the chrome so yeah... Looks pretty sweet. Your kid will love it. I have a five year old as well and he really has fun with it. Enjoy!

I saw this post and went into a full-on snort fest with the laughs. Made my day, thanks. Ours is Midnight Silver, 5 year old was the deciding vote. We kept flip flopping between the pearl white and Midnight. Our first picture is attached...it's at the SC waiting for QC. I wonder how many acronyms we have for the X so far? I guess that's a question for another post. This last week is brutal. Now I know how you all feel, been waiting for so long, but the last few days are what get you.

Attachments

• 20160611_115739.jpg
    20160611_115739.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 618
Reactions: MichealW
Because I didn't want the sides scratched, my thong has a red chastity belt underneath.

View attachment 180581

Because I didn't want the sides scratched, my thong has a red chastity belt underneath.

This is wonderful! Did you get this at delivery or was a seperate purchase to protect the fob?
Moments ago I just dropped my fob again for the 2nd time and it is getting roughed up real quickly.
I'm liking this gel covered version better than the thong one.

This is wonderful! Did you get this at delivery or was a seperate purchase to protect the fob?
Moments ago I just dropped my fob again for the 2nd time and it is getting roughed up real quickly.
I'm liking this gel covered version better than the thong one.

Thong courtesy of Tesla. The under item from Abstract Ocean. They pretty much supply all of the silicone fob covers.
Abstractocean.com.