TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New Key FOB Summon Not Working

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by trmmcd, Dec 26, 2016.

1. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

I have the latest release but I can't get the Key FOB summon to work. Nothing happens when I push and hold the center key FOB button. Anyone else have success with this?

I verified that Summon from the App still works. I also had the car in for service recently and they updated the firmware on my key FOB so I assume that is also the latest and greatest.

2. NovemberXray

NovemberXray Member

Doesn't work for me either.

3. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Model S driver here. You don't give a description of what you are doing, so it's a little hard to help. Have you used summon on a MS before, so you know the process? It takes longer than I would have thought, 10 seconds of holding the button sometimes, before the car recognizes that you want Summon. This makes sense, accidentally locking the doors by leaning your pocket against a table is one thing, but suddenly backing it up 15 feet in the parking lot is a little more distressing.

4. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

This capability was just released on Model X. I have tried standing outside the car and sitting in the car as I have seen in a demonstration video. I have held the center button on the key FOB down for up to 30 seconds, but the car never seems to acknowledge this by flashing lights as it is supposed to. The batteries are new in the FOB and the traditional summon using the iPhone app works as it is supposed to - so the car seems to be set up correctly. Is there some other setting to enable the FOB to work?

5. trmmcd

trmmcd Member

Figured it out from looking at Tesla forum. Continuous press needs to be turned off in summon configuration. The release notes don't mention this important detail!

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. travwill

travwill Active Member

Yep, that is right. Have to have continuous press turned off. There actually used to be a button as well, checkbox, to allow Summon from keyfob (it was on the S, before). That is not there anymore which seems to confuse further.

7. PGeer

PGeer Member

Once you get it working, how do you stop car once it starts moving. Not clear from instructions on update. If backing, do you press the trunk button a second time to stop?

8. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

Any fob button should stop it, but best do some testing. X's have lots of buttons...