Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Las Vegas showroom

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went by the showroom today and they have a 3 on display!!! Nice to see it in person and sit inside it. Bonus was the 5 they had parked out back ready for delivery

Just to be extra clear, this is at the new showroom on Sahara? If so I am totally going down there tomorrow.

EDIT: I asked my wife if she wanted to go sit in a Model 3 tomorrow, and she told me she had gotten an email from Tesla today or yesterday that there was one now available to see in Vegas. Her email is on the account as a second contact, but mine is on there too of course and I received no email. Harumph.

• Funny
Reactions: SageBrush
I went down there today with my wife, daughter and Dad. Nice car! And I am still set on getting blue with white interior. There was a Model S with that combo outside. It might have been a cream interior though, or perhaps that was just the window tint.

Hangin' with the Model 3 and my Dad.

Model3andDad.jpg

Reactions: vinnie97
I also made the 4-hour round trip to see it. What so many have said concerning the aesthetics matched my experience: It looks better in person than any photo can reproduce. The inside was also, as expected, spartan. I'm still not sold on that central console being responsible for so many system controls, but maybe some more time along with a drive will make it more palatable.

Sportstick - Only an opinion ...... but I'm agreeing with you that making a deposit today would not change much, especially if you are in the market for something other than what is currently being produced. Tesla, in effect, got a no-cost "loan" from 4-500,000 people.

There were too many "conditions:"
you must be an employee;
want a LR, loaded;
previously owned an S or X;
and live in California.

I know the criteria is being relaxed now .... but previously, it appears that anyone meeting the criteria, would jump ahead of others that did not.

I'm not complaining because I am not in the market yet (even though I put $1K down). My current ride has too many great miles left in it before I could consider trading. I really like what I have seen and read re the M3, and I WANT one .... but my purchase will NOT be driven by an emotional want.

Sportstick - Only an opinion ...... but I'm agreeing with you that making a deposit today would not change much, especially if you are in the market for something other than what is currently being produced. Tesla, in effect, got a no-cost "loan" from 4-500,000 people.

There were too many "conditions:"
you must be an employee;
want a LR, loaded;
previously owned an S or X;
and live in California.

I know the criteria is being relaxed now .... but previously, it appears that anyone meeting the criteria, would jump ahead of others that did not.

I'm not complaining because I am not in the market yet (even though I put $1K down). My current ride has too many great miles left in it before I could consider trading. I really like what I have seen and read re the M3, and I WANT one .... but my purchase will NOT be driven by an emotional want.

Just back from the Las Vegas showroom. At the risk of being flamed, I must admit I am satisfied with my decision to cancel. The great vehicle dynamics of the car have been established in multiple reviews, but I found concerns which also are important to me when spending this amount. Keep in mind, the car was the only one onsite, and their showroom model, likely the subject of great pride in presentation. They were timing the shoppers with 3 minutes to sit inside before having to make way. Even so...
  • The hood did not fit (underflush at front)
  • The right front door did not fit (height didn't match body)
  • The left trunk hinge attachment plate had been moved, likely to finesse the fit, post-assembly, revealing a margin of unpainted sheetmetal, and based on the color of the sheetmetal, apparently without e-coat.
  • One of the door hinges had paint scraped off, with no clear cause
  • The hip-to-heel dimension does cause the sensation of knees being up under the chin. In the back seat, this is worse due to lack of legroom to stretch out legs. In the front, the floorpan has some relief under the IP. This overall condition is likely due to the floor being high over the battery pack. The rear seat is as low as it can be to prevent driving the occupant's head up into the headliner, but the result is awkward and uncomfortable.
  • I watched some others in the showroom sit in the rear and a couple seemed a bit panicked when they couldn't find how to open the door, requiring a companion to open the exterior handle. Raises the issue of post-impact with loss of power.
I'll take the likely criticism of my observations which will follow, but they were the final factor for me and might be to some others. Tesla will need to improve quite a bit before I return or I'll do my EV seaching elsewhere when the time comes.

Best wishes for satisfying outcomes to all buyers!

Nothing critical from me. I actually did notice the frunk fit being less than 100% but not to the point of being an irritation. I'd traveled 2 hours to see it so wasn't feeling up to applying as critical of an eye as yourself (I also regrettably didn't take an opportunity to sit in the back, as what you've described has been brought up repeatedly).