TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Lease Programs 24 month

Discussion in 'Model X' started by zackmilo, Aug 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. zackmilo

zackmilo Matching X+3

Tesla just announced a new lease program, and I think very highly of it. It is 24 months and I think they are taking the right path and I was always waiting for a shorter lease term. What are your guys thoughts?

• Like x 1
  2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

3. zackmilo

zackmilo Matching X+3

• Like x 1
  4. Scrith

Scrith Member

Keep in mind you won't be eligible for the $2500 California Clean Air rebate with a lease term of only 24 months.

• Informative x 1
  5. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

California ran out of rebate monies - so even if you are eligible their is no cash to payout for now.

6. outie

outie Active Member

Besides being a shorter term, there's no benefit for this program for any new or inventory X as the MF and residual are not favorable. I don't think there's any X discounted enough to get a deal. It's not much cheaper than 36 month lease. They announced this program mostly to attract model 3 reservation holders to get a Tesla now.

7. cwerdna

cwerdna Active Member

Correct. Needs to be a lease from the start of at least 30 months.

I posted about this at New 2 year lease offer?.