Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Legal Bump in Massachusetts: State Supreme Court Hearing

aronth5

Long Time Follower
Supporting Member
May 8, 2010
Boston Suburb
This is a significant legal challenge brought by the Massachusetts auto dealers. "On Tuesday the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court took up a case brought by the Massachusetts State Automobile Dealers Association and two member dealers, "contending that Tesla's direct-to-consumer sales model, through a showroom at the Natick Mall, violates state consumer protection laws."
Very interesting video. (Note: I hope this isn't a duplicate post since it seems unusual this was posted before tonight)

[video]http://www.necn.com/05/06/14/Tesla-faces-legal-bumps-in-Mass/landing_business.html?blockID=866071&feedID=11126[/video]

Rockster

Oct 22, 2013
McKinney, TX
" 'Chapter 93B is aimed primarily at protecting motor vehicle dealers from injury caused by the unfair business practices of manufacturers and distributors with which they are associated, generally in a franchise relationship,’’ Lenk wrote.' "

Precisely. That's exactly what the dealership talking heads and anyone who agrees with them either can't fathom or refuses to admit.

ThosEM

Space Weatherman
Dec 13, 2013
Annapolis, MD
I can't help wondering if the Massachusetts NADA is putting up obstacles to superchargers in MA, for example in Auburn (was Charlton, was Sturbridge)...

Interesting, Matt told me about the new service center in Dedham, said there where "issues", I'm guessing the Mass Auto Dealers are causing the "issue".
The future Dedham Service Center also has a webpage, but no location yet: Dedham | Tesla Motors

I can't help wondering if the Massachusetts NADA is putting up obstacles to superchargers in MA, for example in Auburn (was Charlton, was Sturbridge)...

Don't think so. Dedham had some "environmental issues", and a difficult landlord to boot. Last I heard, they where looking in Foxborough now... The Sagamore Supercharger has been completed, looks like they are waiting for the light poles to be installed, then the final inspection and the site will be powered up...

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Don't think so. Dedham had some "environmental issues", and a difficult landlord to boot. Last I heard, they where looking in Foxborough now... The Sagamore Supercharger has been completed, looks like they are waiting for the light poles to be installed, then the final inspection and the site will be powered up...

Maybe they can trade a bunch low-quality spots at Patriot Place for a first round Model 3.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC