Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Li-Ion Battery for 2021 Model S and Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s new Li-Ion battery will probably fit older S & X.

You don’t have to wait. Ohmmu has been selling Li-Ion batteries for S & X, also 3 & Y for years. They have a strong reputation. One stumble when the Model 3 battery internal control system didn’t work well after a Tesla update. They did free battery swap for affected customers.

We got a 12 Volt battery warning message on our 2017 S 100D last Fall. Ordered the battery and installed it in relatively short order.

Tesla’s new Li-Ion battery will probably fit older S & X.

You don’t have to wait. Ohmmu has been selling Li-Ion batteries for S & X, also 3 & Y for years. They have a strong reputation. One stumble when the Model 3 battery internal control system didn’t work well after a Tesla update. They did free battery swap for affected customers.

We got a 12 Volt battery warning message on our 2017 S 100D last Fall. Ordered the battery and installed it in relatively short order.
anything special to do for installation???? or is it just like any other R&R

Follow their instructions and video.
  • Remove frunk trim.
  • Leave driver’s window open. Turn off car.
  • Disconnect First Responder Loop.
  • Remove some vents and drains. This takes careful attention to how they’re fastened and gentle pressure.
  • Remove frunk tub.
    Disconnect old battery, wrap leads to ensure they don’t touch metal.
  • Remove old battery. I took a few minutes to clean up exposed structure.
  • Ensure you have the key in your pocket.
  • Attach new battery. Alarm will sound when power starts. Use the lock button to stop the alarm.
  • Reverse disassembly.

AD5C42F0-DDC0-4456-928D-C8700221F8EC.jpeg

Ohmmu battery just installed.

• Remove frunk trim.
  • Remove some vents and drains. This takes careful attention to how they’re fastened and gentle pressure.
  • Remove frunk tub.
  • Attach new battery. Ala

View attachment 637795
Ohmmu battery just installed.

• Remove frunk trim.
  • Remove frunk tub.
  • Attach new battery. Ala
super pix......thanks a lot.....I am looking for batteries now...thanks again

• Remove frunk trim.
  • Remove frunk tub.
  • Attach new battery. Alarm will sound when power starts. Use the lock button to stop the alarm.
  • Reverse disassembly.
Its funny I've disconnected the damn thing a few dozen times and it only sets off the alarm like 30% of the time, i do the exact same thing every time: HV loop then neg on the batt, and reverse it back together. I think it has to do with how many times i open the door while working on the car maybe. I dono just an oddity i cant seem to explain.

Its funny I've disconnected the damn thing a few dozen times and it only sets off the alarm like 30% of the time, i do the exact same thing every time: HV loop then neg on the batt, and reverse it back together. I think it has to do with how many times i open the door while working on the car maybe. I dono just an oddity i cant seem to explain.
Both times I disconnected the battery, alarm sounded when I reconnected.

It may correlate with disconnect duration. Both of my disconnect sessions were more than 30 minutes. It takes a while to run out of wrong ways to do something before finally getting it right.