Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Lighterweight 19" Wheel Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to try something a little different when I set out researching reasonably priced lighter weight 19" wheel options for winter duty on our 21" turbine equipped MS.

In working with Velocity Motoring, they offered to cut their new V710FF wheel with a Tesla specific 64.1mm center bore hub since they already made this wheel in BMW fitment. These flow formed wheels are sized 19x8.5 et 35, weigh about 22.6# per VMR, have a load rating of 815kg/1797# (a touch higher LR than comparable TSW's, bonus) and finally since they are now hub specific, no adapter rings! Brandon at VMR was able to pull together a full package with Pirelli Sottozero3 tires mounted, balanced and shipped directly to our door, including special smaller sized splined lug nuts to fit the wheels.

These VMR wheels have a classic look but still a bit unique on a MS, especially with the matte graphite finish. Much thanks to Brandon and VMR for pulling this off for us. Let the pictures speak for themselves:

RFQ2a1.jpg

RRQ2a1.jpg

Wheel1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ICUDoc and DIL
Here is VMR's own info page on this wheel:
INTRODUCING THE TRACK READY FLOW FORMED V710

List price is $340 per wheel but I encourage you to contact Brandon directly with inquiries on package pricing:
[email protected]

You can tell them Ben from TMC sent you. ;)

And for those of you who might be interested in other width sizes, here is a graphic of additional weight info I found while poking around on another BMW forum:
19706025859_6e7bf246cb_b.jpg

VMR has primarily been in the Audi/VW and BMW markets so far. We have known about them for awhile from previous ownership. We used VMR wheels on one of our previous Audi's years ago and I find it very cool that they are now interested in working with us to support the Tesla market. Especially with their new flow formed wheels having the extra load rating for heavier cars, it seems like they would be another good choice for those of us looking for different wheel options.