Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New loaner/Uber policy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Episode 367 of Ride The Lightning podcast at the 30-31 minute mark mentions new upcoming Tesla policy that eliminates all loaners and Uber credits. WTF??? Tesla expects me to pay for car rental or inconvenience someone to drive me 100 miles (round trip) to a SC?
Anybody else hear anything about this?

Yup.
Recently went in for service couple weeks ago, and they mentioned that there were no longer loaners or Uber credits since July. Of course, no shuttle service. It tells you exactly that on the app messaging when you make an appointment. We were without a car at home for two weeks waiting for repair to be completed. Had to get our own mode of transportation to/from the service center.

Now, the newest change to their service procedure is: you will be charged $100 for RE-scheduling your appointment.

Imagine paying $120K-$150K for a Model S or X, and being told to find your own ride home.
This would not fly with any other car brand. Even the cheap Mazda, Toyota and Ford dealerships here provide a shuttle at the very least.

I can’t recommend a Tesla to anyone with these ridiculous changes.

Reactions: babydocmd
If they charge $100 for rescheduling an appointment, it is only right that Tesla PAY US $100 when they change an appointment.
My Kia dealer treats me like royalty and I didn't even buy it from them.
The way things are going at Tesla, they are in for a spectacular crash. This is not about dealers vs no dealers. This is about customer service and treating your customers right. The Golden halo that Tesla enjoyed is tarnished and will rust away unless their service policies change.
I will switch gears - I just took delivery of my MYLR two days ago. I was shocked at the delivery experience. My delivery person was very nice, but knew very little and couldn't answer my questions (he was new to the job (and Tesla) and just dumped in the job with very little training, other than being able to complete the sale. He suggested I watch Tesla's online videos....which I had already done. Basically a features list and not a how-to. To make matters worse, the videos weren't even using V11 software.
I still love my Tesla. It is a great fifth or sixth car.

Reactions: SFMatty
no loaners?! wtf?! no way. someone please build a super charger network alternative so I can move along. So sick of this company purposely screwing over the very people that bought them.

Forget loaners.

No Uber credit.

No shuttle service.

Want to reschedule your service? Just pay $100.

After you drop off your Tesla for service: “We’ll get working on your $150K Plaid within the week. We hope you have a ride home or are able-bodied to walk home.”

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
WOW! is this everywhere? it was bad enough that I had to wait 5 weeks for a suspension part after hitting a pothole ( people don't do that too often do they that you would actually have the parts avialable ... ;) ) then picked up the car and it looked like what a car looks like when you leave it under a tree with alot of birds for 5 weeks. and they didn't even clean off the soap when they repaired the wheels ( pretty gooey) . when I first got the car 5 years a go I had a loaner for any service over a day, They cleaned and washed the car. I get it that they are slammed ( that's what happens when you sell cars....) I even got used to the No people check in and uber credits ( which actually worked for me...). the folks messaging me have been nice enough, but " get your own ride" ? My service center is only 5 miles away, but that is definitely not the case for 90% of the country.... Time for tesla to sell out to Stelanis, Diamler, BMW ( or heck even Kia or Hundai ). and let the big boys do service.

Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
These are actions that a company takes when it is desperate for $, when it is trying to avoid bankruptcy. Sadly, I just purchased my Tesla this week. Had I known this was going down last week, I would have canceled. I am now really torn. I love the car, but I live 100 miles round trip from the closest SC. Sell it now or spin the dice?

These are actions that a company takes when it is desperate for $, when it is trying to avoid bankruptcy. Sadly, I just purchased my Tesla this week. Had I known this was going down last week, I would have canceled. I am now really torn. I love the car, but I live 100 miles round trip from the closest SC. Sell it now or spin the dice?
Tesla is in no danger of bankruptcy. Nowhere remotely. But, they are trying to squeeze every penny to grow their already industry-leading margin on cars.

100 miles is pretty far away. I’m spoiled to even think 10 minute drive to my nearest center is inconvenient.

This must be based on the service center. I just took my car in for a new communication board and was given a 2021 Model 3 Performance as a loaner

IMG_5058.jpeg