Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Low For EV Bashing Media

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From The real cost of charging electric cars, more than today's gas prices

"If you wanted to install a Level 3 charger in your home, it will cost you up to $50,000 or more, which needs to include upgrading the electrical system in your house to power the device."

Sheesh.
Don't cha love journalists? They lay out the stones on a path and lead you right down it. If only the public knew differently.

Keep in mind that the general public is familiar with the get gas when the car is empty model. So twice a week they stop at this thing called a gas station on their way home from work. The idea that a car could be full every morning never occurs to them. So what I tell people is that the car takes about twice as long as you drove it to fill back up. Tell them that they'll start with a full tank each morning and if they drive 45 minutes, the car will take 1-1/2 hours to fill up when they get home. Even if you drove 250 miles in a day, the car would still be full in the morning because (drum roll) your car charges while you sleep.

I've even had people ask if it shuts off when full or if you have to go unplug it when it's done.... I hope you can see the concepts and habits from ICE fillups playing out here.