Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3 owner (well, not yet...)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

After many months , I finally reserved my M3. I doubted between the SR+ and my preferred one, LR AWD (well, my preferred one would have been a LR RWD, but it's not available...). I was probably going to go for the LR AWD, but I can apply for Spanish gov grant, which only applies to the SR+, and this widens the gap too much. So I finally opted for a SR+. It was a pity that black was the free color, when I started thinking about it, as I preferred white. So now that white is standard, color has been an easy choice. Aero wheels, and the only extra, the tow hitch.

I have read a lot about it during a long time, but I still lack experience with the car. I've test driven it twice (first one, the Performance model, and on Saturday the "right one", this time with my other-half-who-has-almost-both-halfs-of-the-decision-power ;) ). And we ordered it :)

We will keep our "main car" (until M3 delivery ;) ) which is a previous model 30kWh LEAF. Great car, I love it. If it only had the M3 range... and a tow hitch. And a bigger size. But it doesn't, so M3 it is. And the LEAF will be great for my wife, as we both need a car to go to work and the LEAF range (worst case is 120 km) is more than enough for 50 km round-trip commuting. We are getting rid of the best ICE we've ever had, the Honda CR-V (if it only could be converted to EV... not possible, though).

Well, sorry for the long post.

Anything you need in Barcelona area (I happen to live not far away from the SC), just send me a message.

Regards
Xavi (pronounced like "chubby" :) )

PS: I think my ideal car would (will? ;) ) be a LR RWD MY, but I'm not waiting that long... maybe when the LEAF needs replacement.