TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New M3 paint issue caused by bird droppings?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by shengh, Sep 1, 2018.

1. shengh

shengh New Member

Placed an order on 8/22, Silver, RWD, EAP. Contacted by the advisor the next day saying that I can get my M3 delivered to home on 8/28 (Yes, 6 days after placing the order! She said it's a special process for customers in bay area). Decided to pick up at Fremont and got my M3 yesterday (8/31).

At the delivery center, paint seemed great under sunlight, found few paint overspray but was fine with it. However after driving back and turning on the garage light, found some water stains on hood and trunk lid (can be seen only from certain angles). Photos attached.

Asked a car detailer he said it might be caused by bird droppings. Tried car wash with microfiber towers but no luck. It seems the clear coat has peeled off. Thinking to take it to the service center to buff it out, but want to ask here to see if anyone has the same issue and can be fixed by polishing + waxing?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Nope ...bird droppings pretty acidic if not cleaned up right away it will cut thru paint ..needs to be painted and clear coated again for that spot

• Like x 1
  3. shengh

shengh New Member

Thanks. Sounds like I will need to take it to service center...

• Like x 1