TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New M3, what's included?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Marius A, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Marius A

Marius A Member

Is there any way to find out what is included in the new car I ordered?
    Does it have floor mats, drunk mat, trunk mat, charging cables for phone (and which ones), key cards, key fobs, etc.

I know there's a "things that have changed" wiki somewhere, but that's assuming you knew about everything that existed beforehand. Could we make a sticky with "stuff included by model and approximate date"?

2. Scrannel

Scrannel Member

Bought my Performance end of sept. 2019. Came with the silver wheels (now dark grey, I understand). It came with the Mobile charging cable with case, but I had to purchase the 14 - 50 adapter, no longer included. The J-1772 adapter is included. Mine had no extra floor or trunk mats. And, as I understand, the Frunk hold down hooks are now, not included. Mine has them.

3. webbah

webbah Member

You had me at drunk mat...

• Funny x 2
  4. btownalset

btownalset Member

It doesn’t have the garage door opener, Homelink.

SR and SR+ do not come with floor mats.

5. Marius A

Marius A Member

No extra mats? Does that mean there is one set of mats?

I appreciate the feedback, but what I'm specifically looking for is "what is included", not what "isn't included".

6. CitiesSprinter

It's much easier to list what isn't included (or recently deleted) from the latest production than what IS included. =)

• Like x 1
  7. Marius A

Marius A Member

Be
    Cause there is so much included?

8. Kilotango74

Kilotango74 Active Member

Not really.... that whole “ no extra set of mats” line wasn’t very clear. Does that mean that performance model was delivered with no floor mats what so ever?

9. Marius A

Marius A Member

^ this. I'm picking up mine around a time when I believe it will be dirty and wet, would like to know if I should pre-order mats and bring them with me.

10. Scrannel

Scrannel Member

Comes with stock carpets -- no removable mats.

11. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

What would really help answer the question better is to know which one you are getting?

12. Marius A

Marius A Member

P3D+
    But I was also interested in seeing whether we could make a sticky or wiki which is continuously updated with new build dates.
    It might just be me, but I feel like with the M3 it's a lot of "need-to-know", and once you've spent a decent amount of time on this forum you start forgetting how difficult it can be to find all the information.

To;Dr
    Wouldn't that sticky/wiki be a good idea? Could also include pictures. That would be extra nice for those of us who live too far away to visit a showroom while still deciding or waiting for delivery.

13. Thumpernator

Thumpernator Member

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.54.36 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.54.36 PM.png Floor mats are supposed to come with the Premium Interior.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.54.36 PM.png

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  14. Thumpernator

Thumpernator Member

Well, that didn't post like I meant it to post. Don't see a way to edit my above post. Sorry guys, I'm a newbie here. :)

15. ZOMGVTEK

ZOMGVTEK Member

You should get the car with floor mats, mobile connector with 5-15 plug, and the J1772 adaptor. The trunk and frunk should have a carpet in it, but no liner. You should also get 2 key card and no other remote. Some people get 2 different cables for a phone, some don’t. The cables appear to be somewhat random for whatever reason so you might need to buy one for your phone.

16. Scrannel

Scrannel Member

Yes. I was mistaken with my first description -- it does come with removable carpet. They're not like floor mat, but carpets held to the fixed carpets by Velcro. My bad.

17. Marius A

Marius A Member

Don't get frunk mats anymore, just confirmed with delivery team.

18. Scrannel

Scrannel Member

I understand they are removing the dead-pedal foot rest? 2020?

19. gazepdapi

gazepdapi Member

The P3D doesn't come with Homelink?

20. w1n78

w1n78 Member

i believe they removed it as a standard feature and is now a $300 device. at first i thought the hardware is installed just disabled. paying the $300 will turn it on. but it looks like it's actual hardware that requires you to go to the service center and get it installed.

Tesla removes Homelink from standard Model 3 features, now a $300 aftermarket product - Electrek

Automatic Garage Opener

i like the all weather mats from tesla but i'm not sure if i'd pay the price. plenty of other mats from amazon that are more reasonably priced. but definitely want all weather rather than the carpet.