Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3, what's included?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way to find out what is included in the new car I ordered?
Does it have floor mats, drunk mat, trunk mat, charging cables for phone (and which ones), key cards, key fobs, etc.

I know there's a "things that have changed" wiki somewhere, but that's assuming you knew about everything that existed beforehand. Could we make a sticky with "stuff included by model and approximate date"?

Bought my Performance end of sept. 2019. Came with the silver wheels (now dark grey, I understand). It came with the Mobile charging cable with case, but I had to purchase the 14 - 50 adapter, no longer included. The J-1772 adapter is included. Mine had no extra floor or trunk mats. And, as I understand, the Frunk hold down hooks are now, not included. Mine has them.

Bought my Performance end of sept. 2019. Came with the silver wheels (now dark grey, I understand). It came with the Mobile charging cable with case, but I had to purchase the 14 - 50 adapter, no longer included. The J-1772 adapter is included. Mine had no extra floor or trunk mats. And, as I understand, the Frunk hold down hooks are now, not included. Mine has them.
No extra mats? Does that mean there is one set of mats?

It doesn’t have the garage door opener, Homelink.

SR and SR+ do not come with floor mats.
I appreciate the feedback, but what I'm specifically looking for is "what is included", not what "isn't included".

What would really help answer the question better is to know which one you are getting?
P3D+
But I was also interested in seeing whether we could make a sticky or wiki which is continuously updated with new build dates.
It might just be me, but I feel like with the M3 it's a lot of "need-to-know", and once you've spent a decent amount of time on this forum you start forgetting how difficult it can be to find all the information.

To;Dr
Wouldn't that sticky/wiki be a good idea? Could also include pictures. That would be extra nice for those of us who live too far away to visit a showroom while still deciding or waiting for delivery.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 9.54.36 PM.png
Floor mats are supposed to come with the Premium Interior.

You should get the car with floor mats, mobile connector with 5-15 plug, and the J1772 adaptor. The trunk and frunk should have a carpet in it, but no liner. You should also get 2 key card and no other remote. Some people get 2 different cables for a phone, some don’t. The cables appear to be somewhat random for whatever reason so you might need to buy one for your phone.

You should get the car with floor mats, mobile connector with 5-15 plug, and the J1772 adaptor. The trunk and frunk should have a carpet in it, but no liner. You should also get 2 key card and no other remote. Some people get 2 different cables for a phone, some don’t. The cables appear to be somewhat random for whatever reason so you might need to buy one for your phone.
Don't get frunk mats anymore, just confirmed with delivery team.

The P3D doesn't come with Homelink?

i believe they removed it as a standard feature and is now a $300 device. at first i thought the hardware is installed just disabled. paying the $300 will turn it on. but it looks like it's actual hardware that requires you to go to the service center and get it installed.

Tesla removes Homelink from standard Model 3 features, now a $300 aftermarket product - Electrek

Automatic Garage Opener

i like the all weather mats from tesla but i'm not sure if i'd pay the price. plenty of other mats from amazon that are more reasonably priced. but definitely want all weather rather than the carpet.