Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3, what's included?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The P3D doesn't come with Homelink?

None of the model 3’s come with it anymore. They weren’t included starting with the 4/19 builds. If you want it, you have to purchase it via Tesla’s online shop and then schedule the installation. Also, this is something that’s done after you take delivery of your car.

It’s a bummer. I haven’t gotten around to get it installed.

You should get the car with floor mats, mobile connector with 5-15 plug, and the J1772 adaptor. The trunk and frunk should have a carpet in it, but no liner. You should also get 2 key card and no other remote. Some people get 2 different cables for a phone, some don’t. The cables appear to be somewhat random for whatever reason so you might need to buy one for your phone.

Yes, for example, in Canada, they stopped giving charging cables in April 2019. So some items may be market dependant.

i believe they removed it as a standard feature and is now a $300 device. at first i thought the hardware is installed just disabled. paying the $300 will turn it on. but it looks like it's actual hardware that requires you to go to the service center and get it installed.

Tesla removes Homelink from standard Model 3 features, now a $300 aftermarket product - Electrek

Automatic Garage Opener

i like the all weather mats from tesla but i'm not sure if i'd pay the price. plenty of other mats from amazon that are more reasonably priced. but definitely want all weather rather than the carpet.

Even if you purchase the P3D they cheapened out on 300 bucks? Jeez. And you have to go to a SC.. Wow.

Reactions: Callawayc7
Is there any way to find out what is included in the new car I ordered?
Does it have floor mats, drunk mat, trunk mat, charging cables for phone (and which ones), key cards, key fobs, etc.

I know there's a "things that have changed" wiki somewhere, but that's assuming you knew about everything that existed beforehand. Could we make a sticky with "stuff included by model and approximate date"?
Just took delivery on 12/04 and it does not have the following items if it is the SR+: No floor mats, Frunk hooks, Dead petal (carpet only), USB cable(have to order), no key fob (have to order),No trunk mat. It does 2 key cards included.
Hopes this help,
SR+ White/Black 18" aero, AP no FSD

Reactions: house9
Yeah, that was bogus as well as not including the NEMA 14-50 adapter
That's if you're in the US. If you're extra unlucky and live in say, Europe, you have to go to an SC and ask if they can order a homelink for you, because it isn't available through the web shop. Then, if they agree, you will at some point, you don't know when, get a message saying your part has and arrived and if you're lucky (which you probably aren't) they will set up a service appointment within the first two weeks after the part has arrived.

As an added insult over here in Norway: If Tesla included mats, homelink, key fob, etc with the car, or at least made it available as an option, we would save 20% on all those items because we don't have tax on EVs. If you buy them afterwards it's just car parts, so you have to pay that tax.

That makes it a PITA with the Performance model, because I don't have to pay tax on the 20" winter wheels when I add them to the vehicle builder, but if I buy the 19" after getting the car (I'm not allowed to buy them with the car) they slap on an additional 25% which makes the 19" wheels more expensive than the 20".

Reactions: tren01t
I just took delivery of a 2020. The dead pedal is there but it is just carpeted area. I just ordered a dead pedal cover as part of a set of pedal covers.
That's what people mean by dead pedal, it's the pedal cover on top of the raised part on the left-hand side.
I'm going to get the liners, probably going to use them all year anyway so I'm getting the ones that look the best.

Also, not relevant to the OP, but Australian deliveries include a wall connector. It's in the boot when you pick up the car, not shipped in advance. Unusual as this doesn't occur in any other market that I'm aware of (perhaps New Zealand might).