Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3LR stuck on firmware 2021.3.103

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a link to one thread that covers this exact thing:

I'm in a similar boat (but it's 2021.3.104, since I took delivery about a month after the OP), but it seems that the 2021.3.x branch is getting some recent updates, still.

In my case, Teslafi didn't see this firmware until mid-July, and I definitely have the somewhat-recent Tesla Vision changes (80mph autopilot, emergency lane departure, etc.). My guess is that they're backporting those changes to the older "version" because there's an advantage to using the 2021.3 branch in some factory build/QA process.

Hopefully I get a new update sometime soonish. I'm wondering if I might have to wait for this "big new update" that has been reported on but apparently not actually seen in the wild yet.

Reactions: xnessix
Got my M3P on 6/30. I’m still on this firmware as well. Its driving me nuts because I like keeping all of my devices updated, but it doesn’t seem like there is anything we can do about it. Just wait for Tesla to push an update. I’m hoping they’ll update it to the newer UI of the new S soon!

Got my M3LR on 6/25 and it took 2-3 weeks before I was upgraded from the factory build. I've only gotten the single update to 2021.4.18.10. After the update all my FSD features were grayed out since the maps were an older version (error was "that feature not available in your region). I had to drive the car around for about 15-20 minutes (about 10 miles) for the new map data to download and then I could re-enable all the FSD features once again.

MY7 on same version as OP, 2021.3.103. Coming up on 3 weeks since delivery this wknd, check software page almost daily. Mobile Service came out to look at some minor delivery issues today and asked them to check and I think they see the same thing as the car as the technician said it's the "latest for your car." So looks like you keep New Car Build for a bit. Just make sure you're on WiFi, tho technically it should trigger "update available" even off wifi (but won't download till you jump on wifi).

I'm in a similar boat (but it's 2021.3.104, since I took delivery about a month after the OP), but it seems that the 2021.3.x branch is getting some recent updates, still.

In my case, Teslafi didn't see this firmware until mid-July, and I definitely have the somewhat-recent Tesla Vision changes (80mph autopilot, emergency lane departure, etc.). My guess is that they're backporting those changes to the older "version" because there's an advantage to using the 2021.3 branch in some factory build/QA process.

Hopefully I get a new update sometime soonish. I'm wondering if I might have to wait for this "big new update" that has been reported on but apparently not actually seen in the wild yet.
Yes i took delivery 07/24 and im stuck on 2021.3.104, i did contact Tesla and they said im not flagged for updates as yet and that i am on the most current version, so i guess its a wait and see.

on wifi with 3 bars at hoe (08/16) and still no update

Reactions: hcdavis3

Im stuck on the same version 2021.3.104, i took delivery 07/24 and today still nothing (08/16). I did contact Tesla and the rep said i am up-to-date on software and that my car wasnt flagged for any new updates. so i guess its just a wait and see...