Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3LR stuck on firmware 2021.3.103

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crap. I'm coming up on 2 months and already have 2,300 miles and still stuck on the version it was delivered with (2021.3.103). We are having various issues which we hope new software may address, such as YouTube locking up and various strange AC behavior.

Whoa, I thought I was racking on the miles 😂

I was at a service center for installing HomeLink (another dropped ball, they were supposed to come to our home then rescheduled another 2-3 weeks ahead, so I told them look I need this installed, can I just bring it in so it's not sitting in a box in my house, but I digress..), I begged and pleaded with them to take the new car build flag off our car. Absolutely no budging. Was escalated to the "shop foreman" and nada. I even showed them TeslaFi numbers, like look, there's over 1000 Model Ys on 2021.24.11. Looks that, as of right now, there are 53 other Model Ys on TeslaFi on 2021.3.103 (54 total including me).
There are over 170,000 Model Ys with radar, so I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with those stats.

We took delivery of our new LR on 6/30 and it is still stuck on 2021.3.103. I do not even see that version listed anywhere. I don't have a service appointment until 7/22. Anyone else?

Thanks.
Have you gotten an update yet? Many people in Germany are also stuck on that version since factory and our cars still have the radar.
I think Tesla had to use some alternative chips due to the IC shortage.

I have 2021.3.106.5 - my car weirdly shows some variation of 2021.4. as the previous version.

3 month+ wait time For the first update is definitely not normal anymore.

Same here. Have delivery M3p august 7th and still at 2021.2.105
At Tesla SC show I’m at 2021.24.5 …. No answer until now. But make total sense that all 2021.3 firmware are newer than 2021.4 and the system show the current firmware associate. So i think that have more than 90% of chance to all those 2021.3.xxx moving to the new 2021.32.xx. Just waiti to confirm it. Fingers cross. Have a blessed day all

Same here. Have delivery M3p august 7th and still at 2021.2.105
At Tesla SC show I’m at 2021.24.5 …. No answer until now. But make total sense that all 2021.3 firmware are newer than 2021.4 and the system show the current firmware associate. So i think that have more than 90% of chance to all those 2021.3.xxx moving to the new 2021.32.xx. Just waiti to confirm it. Fingers cross. Have a blessed day all
So I think what's actually happening is that there are multiple branches (if you're familiar with working with code) which are all production but for different targets. So what we have is 2021.3.10x which is for vision-only Ys (maybe 3s too?). Normally there's a new car build but I think ours are delayed to such an extreme extent because vision is new and there isn't a new (enough?) update for our target (vision-only MY). I'm also wondering if you're all non-FSD like me, it's possible that those who paid them $10k could get updates sooner even on vision-only, for example for the recent "button" to request FSD Beta access — that only happens if you have purchased FSD AFAIK.

I took delivery of my M3LR on 7/31 and have been stuck on 2021.3.104 since delivery. Just got a notification in the app that a software update is available. Guess I'll find out what it is when I get home from work...

Screenshot_20210927-144519_2.jpg