Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3P delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like there are a ton of negative posts out there so I wanted to pass on my experiences.

I ordered my car roughly 3 weeks ago. I was going to pick it up sooner but my daughter who lives with us caught covid so we needed to self isolate for a couple weeks. Tesla was really good about delaying the delivery of my car as they already had it being shipped when I called to say I needed to delay a bit. They told me that my car will be there when we are ready and if it’s longer than expected they would just get me a new one.
Turns out my daughter had minimal symptoms and both my wife and I seem fine for now. So when I saw we weren’t having issues I assumed we would be fine after the 2 weeks and called to tell the, we would be ready to pick up today. Company has been great with all this back and forth and long story short, we picked it up today.

Delivery was so quick and painless. After I arrived and looked the car over extremely close, my wife and I went in to finalize the deal. We met the store manager who walked us through setting up the car to my phone and within about 10~15 minutes we were on our way. Could have been quicker but I asked a few questions. A+ on delivery and ordering and thus far A for initial quality. Paint looks very even though there are some really light swirls from using sub par towels to wash or dry the car I am very anal with cars and most dealers hate me by the end of the delivery. My last car, a Lexus GS 350 was probably the closest to perfection I’ve seen but that still needed a couple things worked out before I’d accept. The light swirls will come out easily as I do this to all my cars.

Interior of car as good as can be. No drooping headliner and no fingerprints anywhere. Everything seems to work as it should though it did take a bit of time to set everything up which was expected. Only thing I notice is that the radio will sometimes stop playing for a few seconds but I listen to music on the SSD I connected that also has my Teslacam folder. The one thing I wasn’t aware of is that the new wireless charger included with the car does not have any ports for wired connections as my current phone is an old 6s plus. Not the end of the world as I plan on getting a newer on later this year. Hopefully it easy enough to add phones to the car!

To summarize, if you are a potential model 3 buyer, quality seems very good at least for mine. Please remember that most people tend to post negative issues as they are looking for answers to problems that have come up but not as many people will take the time to post positive reviews as they are just out enjoying their purchases. Go out and get one, you won’t regret it!

Attachments

• 2C1A0EE7-91C0-439B-8884-5E93943912B8.jpeg
    2C1A0EE7-91C0-439B-8884-5E93943912B8.jpeg
    785.2 KB · Views: 71
When you purchase a Tesla, your delivery experience may vary. However, the car is 100% worth the hassles

Congrats, I hope it brings you as much joy as mine does for me. I’m ~1.5yrs in and couldn’t be happier

Seems like there are a ton of negative posts out there so I wanted to pass on my experiences.

I ordered my car roughly 3 weeks ago. I was going to pick it up sooner but my daughter who lives with us caught covid so we needed to self isolate for a couple weeks. Tesla was really good about delaying the delivery of my car as they already had it being shipped when I called to say I needed to delay a bit. They told me that my car will be there when we are ready and if it’s longer than expected they would just get me a new one.
Turns out my daughter had minimal symptoms and both my wife and I seem fine for now. So when I saw we weren’t having issues I assumed we would be fine after the 2 weeks and called to tell the, we would be ready to pick up today. Company has been great with all this back and forth and long story short, we picked it up today.

Delivery was so quick and painless. After I arrived and looked the car over extremely close, my wife and I went in to finalize the deal. We met the store manager who walked us through setting up the car to my phone and within about 10~15 minutes we were on our way. Could have been quicker but I asked a few questions. A+ on delivery and ordering and thus far A for initial quality. Paint looks very even though there are some really light swirls from using sub par towels to wash or dry the car I am very anal with cars and most dealers hate me by the end of the delivery. My last car, a Lexus GS 350 was probably the closest to perfection I’ve seen but that still needed a couple things worked out before I’d accept. The light swirls will come out easily as I do this to all my cars.

Interior of car as good as can be. No drooping headliner and no fingerprints anywhere. Everything seems to work as it should though it did take a bit of time to set everything up which was expected. Only thing I notice is that the radio will sometimes stop playing for a few seconds but I listen to music on the SSD I connected that also has my Teslacam folder. The one thing I wasn’t aware of is that the new wireless charger included with the car does not have any ports for wired connections as my current phone is an old 6s plus. Not the end of the world as I plan on getting a newer on later this year. Hopefully it easy enough to add phones to the car!

To summarize, if you are a potential model 3 buyer, quality seems very good at least for mine. Please remember that most people tend to post negative issues as they are looking for answers to problems that have come up but not as many people will take the time to post positive reviews as they are just out enjoying their purchases. Go out and get one, you won’t regret it!

Thanks for the Informative post. Hope your daughter is doing well. Enjoy you beautiful car!