Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3P Mechanical Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there definitely a difference between the LR AWD suspension and the Performance suspension? I'm reading conflicting reports online.

My point is, you already paid an extra $1,000 for the white interior. Now you are looking at swapping out the wheels, and paying even more to change the interior from white back to black. If you are really going to do all of these things it’s just the wrong car. Return it and get the AWD car with 18” wheels and black interior. Or wait for a stealth to be available, whenever that may be.

My point is, you already paid an extra $1,000 for the white interior. Now you are looking at swapping out the wheels, and paying even more to change the interior from white back to black. If you are really going to do all of these things it’s just the wrong car. Return it and get the AWD car with 18” wheels and black interior. Or wait for a stealth to be available, whenever that may be.
I agree with you. After a lot of driving and pontificating (and test driving a LR), I just returned the P. Too many issues and too expensive to fix when I can just exchange. It was a super fun car on smooth roads and road trips, but just the wrong car for my daily life.

My awesome delivery advisor helped me find a 7 day return LR AWD, white/black, 19"s nearby that I'm picking up tomorrow. 20k less, much better ride and interior, still plenty quick and maneuverable. I can always get the 3k perf boost.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate everyone's input. It was super helpful. Hopefully the return isn't janky!

Reactions: VT_EE
I agree with you. After a lot of driving and pontificating (and test driving a LR), I just returned the P. Too many issues and too expensive to fix when I can just exchange. It was a super fun car on smooth roads and road trips, but just the wrong car for my daily life.

My awesome delivery advisor helped me find a 7 day return LR AWD, white/black, 19"s nearby that I'm picking up tomorrow. 20k less, much better ride and interior, still plenty quick and maneuverable. I can always get the 3k perf boost.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate everyone's input. It was super helpful. Hopefully the return isn't janky!

The LR AWD is absolutely zippy. I don’t need (nor want) what comes with the P; you’re going to love it. It’s certainly no slouch. And you’ll love it both when accelerating AND crawling down the 405.

Reactions: Magneto3

Congrats on getting what you really want and what best works for you but please level with us. :)

From reading your posts it sounds like:

1. You regretted getting the white interior. Buyers remorse, it's all good, it happens.
2. You spent more for the car than you really wanted. Buyers remorse, it's all good, it happens.

I am not sure if you have actually driven the AWD with 19s vs. the M3P back to back but keep in mind these cars have a sporty/firm suspension. I own both a SR+ with 18 inch aeros and M3P+ with the 20s and there is very little difference in ride according to my butt, although this is subjective. Contrary to what you hear the 20" wheels are not made of play-doh and don't bend or crack if you hit a bump. :) Also, the M3P+ is lowered .39", which means you can't even tell. It supposedly has 1mm thicker sway bars, not enough to make a difference and most still need aftermarket sway bars for track use.

Furthermore, how is an LR AWD with 19" sport wheels $20k less than a M3P+? The difference is $6,500. Also, factor in the loss of the tax credit now. Also, the last time I checked the Acceleration Boost for the LR AWD was $2k.

All that matters, is that you are happy with your purchase and you don't have buyers remorse.

Furthermore, how is an LR AWD with 19" sport wheels $20k less than a M3P+? The difference is $6,500. Also, factor in the loss of the tax credit now. Also, the last time I checked the Acceleration Boost for the LR AWD was $2k.

All that matters, is that you are happy with your purchase and you don't have buyers remorse.

I was wondering that as well. for it to be 20k less, it means the Op is comparing a fully loaded with FSD and white interior Model 3P, with a AWD car that has been discounted around 5k from its regular sales price, and no upgrades at all (64k vs 44k).

I was wondering that as well. for it to be 20k less, it means the Op is comparing a fully loaded with FSD and white interior Model 3P, with a AWD car that has been discounted around 5k from its regular sales price, and no upgrades at all (64k vs 44k).

Plus the loss of the $1875 tax credit. I would have never paid 20k more for a 3P, but $6,500 more was a no brainer for me to get the max acceleration (no Stealth at the time) plus all the brakes, wheels, tires, spolier and track mode.