Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New M3SR owner. One month in extreme cold weather

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got the M3 after the price cut.
Cold weather performance was the only concern I have when I purchased the M3. After I have driven it in -30c weather and I am happy with the purchase so far. It was out in the cold for 2 hours and the energy consumption was 290wh/km. Range isn’t an issue because I rarely drive more than 100km a day and I charge at home.
The heating system works pretty good. All I have to do is leave it in auto at 20c and the cabin will always be warm.
One problem is the Tesla app has trouble to connect to the car to start climate control from a restaurant or the mall. Tesla said there’s a bug and they are working on it. It was embarrassing trying to show friends that I can warm up the car from my phone and failed after repeatedly trying for 20 minutes.
Of course there are the usual imperfections of fit and finish inside and out. The frunk was not perfectly aligned and the technician said it’s within spec. Wind noise at B pillar.
My drivers side door seems sag a little cause the window not sealed up. I think this is caused by the transport driver pulling on the door to go inside.
During the week I was visiting the dealership there were 6 or 7 cars were damaged by the transport driver when unloading. Few of them were dropped on the sides. Some were crashed on the top.

Reactions: XPsionic
Forgot to add. The windshield wipers rubbing a dry windshield when using cruise control is the most annoying thing.
Try giving your windshield a thorough scrub. If the car was stacked on top of the carrier near the front it is probably coated with a near invisible diesel residue from the semi-tractor exhaust. Mine was full of it that were visible when it rained.

I use Brasso. I'm told Mr. Clean magic erasers do well also.

Unfortunately there will never be a fix for this as vision is a flawed method for auto-wipers.
That’s unfortunate. Tesla service suggests I turn on defrost for a couple of minutes. But have not had the chance to try it yet. Its mainly a city car.
It’s been a good car so far. But there are too many little annoying things to make it an awesome car.