Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Map UI in M3!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of our Model 3 yesterday.

Map UI is completely different than my Model S. It has been rumored on Electrek for a while.

Fonts, animations, voice....all different.

When you approach a turn, it shows which lane you should be in for the turn. More that I have to play with, but it's definitely a whole different thing.

Same here, took delivery yesterday (well, for my dad in San Diego) and was surprised to see that when navigation is active the map actually tilts down a little, similar to the angled navigation view you’d see on popular smart phone navigation apps.

I liked it!

So what's the deal in the Model 3 with maps when there is no cellular coverage? The Model S has backup maps (which only work on the dash display, not the main screen), and you can type in an address for that system. It's not ideal, but it's something. Does the Model 3 have something similar? I drive through a lot of rural areas with no coverage, and going with no navigation is going to be a problem (yes, I know I could buy a Garmin, but there is seriously no excuse for that requirement in a car of this level... and who wants to clutter up that nice clean dash with another device?!).

So are M3s on a different software schedule than the rest of us? what is the build number on these M3s?

They are on a completely different schedule, and a completely different CID hardware. Lot's of code shared between, but at the end of the day despite what Tesla says M3 is on newer / faster hardware then S/X currently for the CID. I suspect a refresh next year will change all that.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones