Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Maps for Model S and X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy thing. While parked at the airport with Power Saving and "always connected" set to limit my vampire drainage, the new maps downloaded. I was not connected to Wifi. This happened over the two days I was out of town. Go figure!

Reactions: sidmini
Crazy thing. While parked at the airport with Power Saving and "always connected" set to limit my vampire drainage, the new maps downloaded. I was not connected to Wifi. This happened over the two days I was out of town. Go figure!
You may have already had them and they just unpacked and installed while the car was at the airport. That does take some time, according to reports.

Reactions: cantbechanged
A couple of weeks ago (not sure of the date but around mid-April) there must have been an update on my Tesla 100D as the maps started to show Traffic density Andy there was a Tesla local at the bottom right of the map, near the Google one. I never saw any notification that an update had been done but that’s fine.

However, a couple of days later, the maps had reverted to the old style. I.e. no traffic density and no Tesla logo.

Anyone got any. Ideas what is going on?

Just got the new navigation update. I noticed that the red arrow (car) position is off (ahead) especially in zoomed out bird’s eye view mode on the instrument cluster screen compared to the more accurate center screen map (see pictures). This may lead to confusion when taking exits or intersections.

Attachments

• 43AFFDC2-B9B2-4559-9CC6-6916D888DF9E.jpeg
    43AFFDC2-B9B2-4559-9CC6-6916D888DF9E.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 87
  • BA896CF3-CD23-4DC5-A3B1-64824447F5A4.jpeg
    BA896CF3-CD23-4DC5-A3B1-64824447F5A4.jpeg
    925.7 KB · Views: 80
In some ways the new maps are old again. In addition to reverting to flagging certain road segments for lane keeping speed limits, some road names and speed limits which were wrong but had been corrected but are wrong again. I wonder if Tesla made their own corrections when these errors were identified before but the new maps did not incorporate those customizations as they reverted to some base third party map.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaz
I am stuck on 2018.10.4 but I have this at the bottom of my MCU. I thought the new maps were for later software updates?

That is interesting, I haven’t heard of anyone with a firmware earlier than 2018.12 and the new nav, although people reported that it has been there for quite a while and Tesla just needed to flip the switch so I guess is possible.

Btw I’ve created a page to track the nav rollout, it would be great if you add yourself here.