Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Maps in the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that pic of the MCU screen whilst a route is active? Maybe it only says Tesla beta Nav when a routes running?

I’m on holiday with all this to look forward to when I get back, hopefully!

Are the attachments in previous two posts Bust for anynoe else, or is it just me? I've been getting that in a few places in TMC of late, but might be a problem my end.

Sounds like they are working for you?

The pics are upside down but ok apart from that. I don’t have it yet, I nicked those pics from someone else to be able to show them as examples. I’m on holiday until tomorrow night and have the software update waiting for me. I’ve noticed via TeslaFi the car has been woken quite a bit and I’m hoping it’s the new Nav/maps downloading. The pattern seems to be following quite a few that are reporting via the FB group.

Thanks. Something up with my 'puter then :( If I click them nothing happens (click-to-new-window gives me a TMC Error page)

TMC01.jpg

EDIT: Well THAT thumbnall works for me ...

Are the attachments in previous two posts Bust for anynoe else, or is it just me? I've been getting that in a few places in TMC of late, but might be a problem my end.
Sounds like they are working for you?
I don't think the pictures in my post uploaded - I tried several times, got a load of errors, but it let me put thumbnails on so I gave up once I had thumbnails plus broken links for the full size images. They are meant to show:
1. New nav graphics in driver console
2. Nav options showing "Online Routing" as an option
3. Main screen map - still with blue sea and no "Beta" - however I've since found out that a Nav route has to be active for the Tesla Beta Navigation annotation to appear next to the Google logo -see below (it appears to be working today!).

IMG_3548.jpg

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Just wanted to share my experience.

I'm based in the Midlands, UK and I've been waiting expectantly, hoping to receive the new maps for a couple of months. Earlier this week I set-up some new wifi equipment so my AP1 MS which sits on my driveway had a half-decent wifi signal. I previously didn't connect to the home wifi (or any other wifi) as the signal was too weak.

Anyway within 24 hours of connecting to wifi, the car had downloaded 5.5Gb of data and sure enough the new maps are now installed. The car downloaded the data pretty much instantly once connected and then took about 20 hours to process before the release notes were displayed on the main screen.

Not really had much chance to use the new routing yet, but the new map in the IC is much clearer as others have said.

Anyway if, like me, you are keen to get the new maps but don't connect your car to wi-fi, it may be worth trying to set-up something temporary so that your car has wi-fi and can download the new maps. Of course it may have just been a massive coincidence.

Mine is on WiFi whenever it's parked at my house but I've still yet to get the navigation update. I've had both the last two updates (21 & 24), including the new monotone maps though.

Same here, except our WiFi is dog slow, so maybe that's my issue? Also on the latest update (24) but no new maps. I don't use nav much, so not a big deal for me, but would be nice to get the latest routing.

Same here, except our WiFi is dog slow, so maybe that's my issue? Also on the latest update (24) but no new maps. I don't use nav much, so not a big deal for me, but would be nice to get the latest routing.

As usual no discernible pattern. I had new maps a few weeks ago, then the greyscale MCU version with the latest latest software, but no new Nav. The routing, traffic updates and arrival ETA are reportedly much better.

My car is on home Wi-fi evening/overnight (although it drops off the device list reported by my router when the car is asleep) so I guess at the moment I’m not worthy of the new Nav.

As usual no discernible pattern. I had new maps a few weeks ago, then the greyscale MCU version with the latest latest software, but no new Nav. The routing, traffic updates and arrival ETA are reportedly much better.

My car is on home Wi-fi evening/overnight (although it drops off the device list reported by my router when the car is asleep) so I guess at the moment I’m not worthy of the new Nav.

That's where I am too. Latest (I think) main screen greyscale mapping, latest firmware, but still have the old nav app. I wish it would update so I can get the improved routing. We do have slow rural WiFi and a very unreliable data signal where we live, but it has always managed to update firmware without any issues. Maybe mapping data is just too large for our download speeds?

That's where I am too. Latest (I think) main screen greyscale mapping, latest firmware, but still have the old nav app. I wish it would update so I can get the improved routing. We do have slow rural WiFi and a very unreliable data signal where we live, but it has always managed to update firmware without any issues. Maybe mapping data is just too large for our download speeds?

The new maps are a chunky download, and I don’t think the routing software is any larger. I think it’s just the random nature of Tesla’s download process. I’ve also read of owners who have been out and about (i.e. not on Wi-fi) and have returned to their car and had the notification of the new Nav.

Patience is a virtue, so I’m told :confused:

The new maps are a chunky download, and I don’t think the routing software is any larger. I think it’s just the random nature of Tesla’s download process. I’ve also read of owners who have been out and about (i.e. not on Wi-fi) and have returned to their car and had the notification of the new Nav.

Patience is a virtue, so I’m told :confused:

Fingers crossed! I guess one day it will happen, lol

Mine is on WiFi whenever it's parked at my house but I've still yet to get the navigation update.

Had one update in the last 6 months, and that was because I chased Tesla for it (because I wanted the Reindeer - the update eventually arrived in February I think ...:( ), and the one before that happened (in another dry patch of several months) because the car was in for service, and I've got bored with having to chase for it and getting no answer (for weeks) as to why the car was not getting updates, and I've given up asking.

Business broadband here, WiFI router is just inside where the car is parked, it worked just fine for 18 months ... ... so until they tell me otherwise I am working on the assumption that is is yet-another-poor-quality-QA issue in Tesla's code

I finally got the full nav update yesterday! So now I have both the greyscale big screen map and the latest App and dash display. I have to say I'm liking the new dash display, much easier to see upcoming junctions. Seems like a significant improvement to me. Routing has been good too, but not really stress tested it.