Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New maximum range on LR RWD 2019.5.15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My max range has remained the same at 490 km pre- and post- update to 2019.5.15 at 100% SOC. Charged from 30% all the way up to 100% just for this experiment. Looks like the update may be buggy, causing inconsistencies perhaps?

What's your lifetime Wh/km sitting at? Mine is at 170 and the recent charges to 90% ~= 460-467km. Maybe tied to the lifetime efficiency or the previous day's usage?

Anyone with ideas :)?

What's your lifetime Wh/km sitting at? Mine is at 170 and the recent charges to 90% ~= 460-467km. Maybe tied to the lifetime efficiency or the previous day's usage?

Anyone with ideas :)?

My Cumulative Wh/km is at an incredible 152 so that's not affecting the current range (either up or down). I'll try to charge up to 100% again today after resetting the previous day's Wh/km (210) and see what changes in the projected range estimate, if anything. Here's hoping the upcoming update that bumps the power and performance (2019.8.2) will also clear up any range-related hiccups, as I see several other M3 LR RWD cars (here and on reddit) are still awaiting the promised improved numbers!

I’m on 2019.5.15 and I get 466km at 90%. Definitely increased from before the update. Looking forward to the next update with 5% performance boost!

Well that was short lived. Last night I got into the car, pressed on the brake and....glitches. Blank screen, seat didn’t adjust to my profile, but headlights came on and I could shift into reverse... clearly something amiss. So I rebooted using the steering wheel buttons. Everything seemed fine after that. Fast forward to this morning, after charging over night, my 90% target is now at 447km. :confused:

Well that was short lived. Last night I got into the car, pressed on the brake and....glitches. Blank screen, seat didn’t adjust to my profile, but headlights came on and I could shift into reverse... clearly something amiss. So I rebooted using the steering wheel buttons. Everything seemed fine after that. Fast forward to this morning, after charging over night, my 90% target is now at 447km. :confused:

I think it's taking the most recent drive's average Wh/km into consideration when calculating the range display. I drove quite spiritedly (if that's a word) last night after a Millstreet Organic (plug!) and arrived home with 350Wh/km for that drive. Woke up this morning with 452km @ 90%. Had sentry mode on all night though. Will try taking it off and see what happens.

I think it's taking the most recent drive's average Wh/km into consideration when calculating the range display. I drove quite spiritedly (if that's a word) last night after a Millstreet Organic (plug!) and arrived home with 350Wh/km for that drive. Woke up this morning with 452km @ 90%. Had sentry mode on all night though. Will try taking it off and see what happens.

Another blank screen incident but this time the computer rebooted itself. Now I’m back up to 467km for 90% charge. Something weird going on.

Another blank screen incident but this time the computer rebooted itself. Now I’m back up to 467km for 90% charge. Something weird going on.

Yeah, something is up with this update. The range calculator is/battery health report is fluctuating quite a bit.

Either way though, still have an additional 10kms at 90% :)
upload_2019-3-21_13-21-3.png

One thing I notice is that the charging still stops around 446~447km, but when I leave work for the day it's actually at 455km...not sure if its because of the warmer weather, or a small increase due to the update. Still not enough to account for the 5% increase.