Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MCU 2 annoyance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the new MCU upgrade and it's really annoying that I can't sign into youtube. So all it shows is the BS trending crap that well as we all know is all hot garbage.
So I have to sit here and type in the channel I wanna watch to find it. That's just insane.

Why would tesla make a browser that google doesn't approve of?

You mean, "Why does Google restrict certain browsers for login and but not for viewing videos?"
You can't login to the browser either

71852260.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
Ah. :( Google must have "fixed" that workaround.

Try to find other sites with google login if they work.

It is Google's fault mainly. You can easily find stories on the internet where people get the same error on their desktop computer, running latest Chrome or Firefox.. There is "something" in the browser that Google thinks is suspicious and prevents access. On desktop computer you usually get it working after twiddling with the settings, but obviously that can't be done on a Tesla so the problem persists.

However, it's a mystery why Tesla and Google don't work this out together. Can't be that difficult..

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I am getting my MCU2 today. Looks like I have a lot of learning to do. Good thing I saw this thread or else I would've thought something was wrong. I think coming from MCU1 I am actually just glad that I will have Youtube/Netflix/HULU :)
Yeah its super snappy and much faster, and the screen is like going from 244p to 1080p its so crisp. But for me not being able to login to youtube is a massive inconvenience. I was on the chat with tesla and they said they are working on it and google is the issue. I told them google said was a tesla issue and they need to just use the normal everyday linux version of chrome and the issue will likely be solved.

Presentation1.jpg

Reactions: bktiger86
Yeah its super snappy and much faster, and the screen is like going from 244p to 1080p its so crisp. But for me not being able to login to youtube is a massive inconvenience. I was on the chat with tesla and they said they are working on it and google is the issue. I told them google said was a tesla issue and they need to just use the normal everyday linux version of chrome and the issue will likely be solved.

View attachment 635899
Love the blame game

I guess there are advantages to opening YouTube in the browser instead of opening the YouTube app. But for the amount of usage in one’s car, it seems like much ado about very little. I always use the app, usually just long enough to access YTTV. (BTW if you are a YTTV and TMobile customer, effective 4/6 you can get $10 off your YTTV monthly fee. TMobile is dropping its almost new streaming TV package and hooking up with Google/YTTV.)

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I guess there are advantages to opening YouTube in the browser instead of opening the YouTube app. But for the amount of usage in one’s car, it seems like much ado about very little. I always use the app, usually just long enough to access YTTV. (BTW if you are a YTTV and TMobile customer, effective 4/6 you can get $10 off your YTTV monthly fee. TMobile is dropping its almost new streaming TV package and hooking up with Google/YTTV.)
I have a P85D so it charges slow and i make a lot of stops at SC since it charges faster at lower levels. So it would be a lot easier to login to YT in the car so i could see all my subscriptions instead of searching by creator to see if the new content. Not sure what you are talking about by the app but i assume you mean on your phone since the car YT "app" is just a browser page, and I'm not gonna waste my mobile data when i have free data in the car.
Also YT can keep throwing the double unskippable ads at me and i will never pay for their ad free crap

I have a P85D so it charges slow and i make a lot of stops at SC since it charges faster at lower levels. So it would be a lot easier to login to YT in the car so i could see all my subscriptions instead of searching by creator to see if the new content. Not sure what you are talking about by the app but i assume you mean on your phone since the car YT "app" is just a browser page, and I'm not gonna waste my mobile data when i have free data in the car.
Also YT can keep throwing the double unskippable ads at me and i will never pay for their ad free crap
It's been on several threads before: if you log into/create a Plex account (even if you never use it) it allows you to log in to YouTube and after that it just come up with your subscription and your YT likes etc.

• Disagree
Reactions: jlv1