Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MCU Dash Screen Blackout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this issue is definitely not fixed.

My MX has the new MCU and the latest OTA update 2018.10.2. However yesterday when I got into my car the Dash Screen behind the wheel was black and would not turn on. I drove home (without having any speed indicators, etc) and parked it and when I woke up this morning the screen turned back on.

Seems like a pretty serious issue. Isn't it illegal to be operating a vehicle without having any knowledge of speed??

So this issue is definitely not fixed.

My MX has the new MCU and the latest OTA update 2018.10.2. However yesterday when I got into my car the Dash Screen behind the wheel was black and would not turn on. I drove home (without having any speed indicators, etc) and parked it and when I woke up this morning the screen turned back on.

Seems like a pretty serious issue. Isn't it illegal to be operating a vehicle without having any knowledge of speed??

Has anyone filed this safety issue with NHTSA? File a Vehicle Safety Complaint | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

Tesla has been good at working on their issues, but in my opinion they should be tracked by the regulators.

No - that is NOT correct - 10.4 is the latest - just took deliver last week and it had 10.2 on it - SC told me they’d update it to 10.4 before I took it home (I left it to have a few things done to it - nothing major).

10.4 is the latest.

What I said was correct on Monday when I wrote it. 10.6 is the latest version for MCU2 now (Thursday). Not 10.4.

Picked up my car on Monday. New MCU
Same issue on Tuesday. Also had some issues with the map disappearing from the screen even though the car still appeared on the map and follow my driving.
Dealer reset and updated the software yesterday and so far all seems good
Version 10.6