Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MCU model issues, anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 3/18 build MX, new MCU.

My LTE connectivity goes in and out. I can’t stream at all. This wasn’t a problem when I first picked up the car. But after some recent updates, it’s getting worse.

I find myself doing reboots every few days.

But, the frequency of required reboots is getting greater. Once it was every five days, then 3. Now it’s almost everyday.

I can’t llcate my vehicle with the app. The LTE will show zero bars. Then, three appear, back to zero bars....

Once I two-button reset, things resume working, like this morning.

But, I just checked my cat via the app and I get “Vehicle Connection Error” after trying to connect for 10-20 seconds.

Any ideas? I may try a full “power down” while sitting in the car for a few minutes when I get home.

• Informative
Reactions: jrad6515
My main issue now under 2018.14.2 (MCU2) is when talking on the phone via Bluetooth. Mid conversation the person I’m talking to says I lost you.
Are you there?
I can hear them but they can’t hear me.
I have an iPhone X and an Apple Watch series 3 + cellular.
Called Tesla Support yesterday.
They suggested I try putting the Apple Watch into airplane mode immediately next time it happens to see if it is the possible cause. They said if it is the caller should instantly be able to hear me again. Something about having an iPhone X connected to multiple Bluetooth devices. Said that was an Apple issue.
Anybody else have this problem?
Especially interested if it is without an Apple Watch present

Last edited:
I have an iPhone X and an Apple Watch series 3 + cellular.
Called Tesla Support yesterday.
They suggested I try putting the Apple Watch into airplane mode immediately next time it happens to see if it is the possible cause. They said if it is the caller should instantly be able to hear me again. Something about having an iPhone X connected to multiple Bluetooth devices. Said that was an Apple issue.
Anybody else have this problem?
Especially interested if it is without an Apple Watch present

A lot of people with an iPhone and Apple Watch have reported this with both the old and new MCU.

Here are some of the threads about it:
iPhone X phone call garbled voice
Bad bluetooth phone call quality. Apple Watch possible culprit.
Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE Connectivity
iPhone X and Bluetooth connectivity issues

• Love
Reactions: Joelgjr
A lot of people with an iPhone and Apple Watch have reported this with both the old and new MCU.

Here are some of the threads about it:
iPhone X phone call garbled voice
Bad bluetooth phone call quality. Apple Watch possible culprit.
Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE Connectivity
iPhone X and Bluetooth connectivity issues
Never had any issues with my 2017 MS90D
Only with March 2018 MS100D with new MCU.
Tesla customer service said they were aware of issues with Apple Watch and garbled sound etc. but not any reports of one way communication.
That is why they suggested I tested using airplane mode on the watch.
Reason I posted here was because I’m curious if anybody else is experiencing this one way communication issue either with or without an Apple Watch

My summon never worked for me using the app since picking up the car a month ago (3/28) but works with the fob on 10.6.

Fast forward to my week of updates 2 weeks ago to 10.12 > develop 10.14.2 > 10.14.2 all within a 5 day period. After the develop 10.14.2 update, not only did my summon using fob stopped working, summon parking stopped working as well. Summon parking was working on 10.6 and 10.12. I really hope Tesla gets this fixed soon.

Took my car to the SC to have the summon issue looked at and turns out when I updated to 14.2. The summon feature switched on continuous press which caused my summon from fob to stop working. Switched continuous press to off and summon works with fob now. It still doesn't work with the app yet but SC is updating me to 16 as I type so hopefully it works with app after the update.

Never had any issues with my 2017 MS90D
Only with March 2018 MS100D with new MCU.
Tesla customer service said they were aware of issues with Apple Watch and garbled sound etc. but not any reports of one way communication.
That is why they suggested I tested using airplane mode on the watch.
Reason I posted here was because I’m curious if anybody else is experiencing this one way communication issue either with or without an Apple Watch

I've had this issue with both our 2015 S85D and our 2017 M3LR. Putting the Series 3 Apple Watch into airplane mode has much reduced the problem.