Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MCU model issues, anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:)
its called typical aggressive So Cali Style driving..

At least i think thats what tesla intended on, because you know in so cali, unless u merg like that, the guy in that lane will speed up the moment u flash those blinkers and NOT let you in.

:p
its called typical aggressive So Cali Style driving..

At least i think thats what tesla intended on, because you know in so cali, unless u merg like that, the guy in that lane will speed up the moment u flash those blinkers and NOT let you in.

:p

are you sure your on new MCU on a model S/X?

Im still on 10.2

10.6 to my understanding was model 3 no?

That’s just what my wife said, “that’s great lane changing when we’re up in LA.”

New MS 100D owner here since Saturday with MCU2 and 10.2. Just got the notification for update. Been having the litany of rando issues to include no summon, no restart capes, no WiFi and no autopilot lane change. Expecting the 10.6 update will fix issues; will report back.

3AC7FFE5-8F33-445F-B02B-E98A2AC83276.jpeg
New MS 100D owner here since Saturday with MCU2 and 10.2. Just got the notification for update. Been having the litany of rando issues to include no summon, no restart capes, no WiFi and no autopilot lane change. Expecting the 10.6 update will fix issues; will report back.

Ok, update complete to 10.6. My summon still won’t connect from the app (could this be because my cell coverage is non-existent at home?).

I’ll have to try the lane changing and see if it’s smooth.

Picked up new 100D 3/21 (first Tesla) No wifi, no phone connection, can't reboot. Took it to service center in Denver Friday after getting it out of the detail shop for window tint and front end wrap. Got called today said everything is fixed.
Can't connect to wifi, can't connect to phone, won't reboot. Techs in Denver seem to have absolutely no idea about this problem.
Steve..re phone cinnection.... im able to hear the other end.... but the other end cant hear me very well....the wifi issue.... all i was told was that Tesla is working on a firmware fix

Jas

Reactions: FatherK
2018.10.6 on new MCU, WiFi connects fine to 5G, though it took turning it off and back on to scan for available networks, also the MAC address is not available from the "Wifi settings" screen (just says "unavailable"). I pulled the MAC address from the router and found possibly an even better way to identify the new MCU:

The old MCU MAC addresses started with 90:03:b7 (both out 2015 and 2017 cars had such addresses) which are registered as "ParrotSa Parrot Sa" vendor. New MCU MAC address start with 7c:1c:4e which belongs to "LgInnote LG Innotek" vendor.

So, if you can check the MAC address of the MCU, if it starts with 90:03:b7 it is the old one, if it starts with 7c:1c:4e you have the new one. If it starts with 3 different octets, lookup the vendor and if it's Parrot, you got the old one, if LGInnote then you got the new one.

2018.10.6 on new MCU, WiFi connects fine to 5G, though it took turning it off and back on to scan for available networks, also the MAC address is not available from the "Wifi settings" screen (just says "unavailable"). I pulled the MAC address from the router and found possibly an even better way to identify the new MCU:

The old MCU MAC addresses started with 90:03:b7 (both out 2015 and 2017 cars had such addresses) which are registered as "ParrotSa Parrot Sa" vendor. New MCU MAC address start with 7c:1c:4e which belongs to "LgInnote LG Innotek" vendor.

So, if you can check the MAC address of the MCU, if it starts with 90:03:b7 it is the old one, if it starts with 7c:1c:4e you have the new one. If it starts with 3 different octets, lookup the vendor and if it's Parrot, you got the old one, if LGInnote then you got the new one.
You can also just go to the site teslamcu.xyz from the in car browser. :)

ACAB9FD7-CD96-4C53-A25E-1FE7A16855E7.jpeg

You can also just go to the site teslamcu.xyz from the in car browser. :)

View attachment 289762
Absolutely you can. I was just referring to an alternate way that doesn't depend on external server - for example you could check that in an underground parking garage without a WiFi hotspot. :) Also, not sure how long the URL will remain active and up to date (when Tesla changes browsers, etc), MAC address is pretty much for life of the device.

My 3/18 MX build with new MCU just installed 10.6. My WIFI connects seamlessly now, so hopefully any updates can come that way. It seems they really pushed this one out over LTE sorta urgently! I didn't have any screen/blackouts, so I hope it stays that way. I'm really looking forward to a new Audio interface!