Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MCU - unlock on app not working and homelink not programming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a the MCU replaced for the second time. Now the unlock function on the mobile app does not work and it will not programme the HomeLink garage port opener. The garage port opener worked on the two previous MCU's.

When I try to program the garage port opener it's just searching and nothing happens. The funny thing is that the code is still in the HomeLink controller. When the programming is initiation the car opens the garage port just before it starts searching for the signal.

D151EBFF-13AF-402F-9A54-5FCD4E4A4D96.png
I have been experiencing similar issues after having screen replaced and plan to contact Service tomorrow. Researching issue on this very helpful forum informed me it is likely a failure to properly transfer data during MCU replacement (see screenshot). Hoping this helps.

I had the same thing happen with the Homelink. It appeared to lose programming , but would open the gate while searching for remote code. I ended up deleting the saved button, and then re added it and the programming worked on the new button. U actually renamed the original Homelink name first, adding a "2" to the end, while I tested the new Homelink button. Once it worked, I deleted the original button.