Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Media Center Bug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last patch brought a new undocumented feature. XM radio switches to AM radio if it loses signal for an extended period of time. I reported it to The Tesla telephone service (I am in Texas, you can't connect directly to a Texas Service Center)

Tesla service asked me to bring it in so they could make it happen. I did and told them of the multiple "Bug Report" logs I did before I brought it in. Of course, they could not reproduce and (un)helpfully suggested I do a Bug Report when it happens. I am not sure they pulled up any of my previous bug reports.

It did not help that they were investigating Slacker to AM rather than XM to AM that I reported.

They inexplicably added 144 miles on my odometer for an overnight service call.

They told me the Tune In podcast does not load is a "back burner issue based on the Slacker problem and the Model 3," so I guess we won't have a fix to it for a while.

This was the worst experience I have had with Tesla - but still better than most of my experiences with other car service centers.

Still wondering what they did that would add 144 miles to the car for a radio issue.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
I park underground @ work. The darn radio switches from XM to AM quite frequently if the car sits for a long time. It is an annoyance to hear the AM buzz/static when I get back in the car. Not sure why this happens but it has been going on for a long time for me. FWIW, I am at ugrade .42 now

I see something similar. I pretty much always use Slacker as the audio source in my car. But every few days when I get in my car it will switch to AM radio. It appears that when for some reason it loses the Slacker connection it falls back to radio. It may not always be AM, it may be the last station that you have listened to on terrestrial radio.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
I see something similar. I pretty much always use Slacker as the audio source in my car. But every few days when I get in my car it will switch to AM radio. It appears that when for some reason it loses the Slacker connection it falls back to radio. It may not always be AM, it may be the last station that you have listened to on terrestrial radio.
The media player randomly switching to AM radio is not a new bug, nor isolated to being originally on XM or a streaming source. I have seen it randomly switch to AM when getting back into the car when the player was previously playing songs from USB. If you check the (very long) Comprehensive USB bug list thread you can probably find references to a “wrong source” bug from months back