Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mulgrave VIC delivery centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I am new here and this is my first post.

I am currently waiting for the delivery of my Model 3 LR. Received a text yesterday stating that the delivery will take place in the new delivery centre in Mulgrave at 649 Springvale Road.

How exciting, as it will be much closer to my home, like 5 minutes away rather than having to get to Richmond.

Just wondering if anyone have heard anything more about this new delivery centre? Hope there will be a few Superchargers there like Richmond too!

Reactions: Hairyman
Tesla lists a Melbourne East supercharger as coming in Q4 of this year. The pin for this supercharger on the map is currently at the intersection of Springvale Rd and Whitehorse Rd in Nunawading. These pins aren't generally accurate so it could end up a lot further south at this new delivery centre. Not all centres get publicly accessible superchargers but it would make sense in this case.

Hi all, I am new here and this is my first post.

I am currently waiting for the delivery of my Model 3 LR. Received a text yesterday stating that the delivery will take place in the new delivery centre in Mulgrave at 649 Springvale Road.

How exciting, as it will be much closer to my home, like 5 minutes away rather than having to get to Richmond.

Just wondering if anyone have heard anything more about this new delivery centre? Hope there will be a few Superchargers there like Richmond too!
the delivery warehouse is not at the Richmond service centre, it's in Cremorne, no superchargers. Although it is obviously closer to them than Springvale.

Is there something ‘under construction’ in Brighton also on corner of nepean highway and gelnhuntly rd? Looks like the old Maserati (amongst other dealerships) has a few M3’s inside and plenty of tesla flags.

Is there something ‘under construction’ in Brighton also on corner of nepean highway and gelnhuntly rd? Looks like the old Maserati (amongst other dealerships) has a few M3’s inside and plenty of tesla flags.
That's just a sales centre. They have some wall chargers but it's not open for public use and they put bollards up after hours.

Reactions: Leeroy
Wow, congratulations! Please let us know if your experience at the Mulgrave delivery centre!
It was pretty quick for me, 15mins max. Check in was painless. had a couple of test drives and I have been reading up so no dramas yesterday. inspected for defects, hopped on to personalise the car and done!

I was told yesterday was there 1st deliveries after lockdown, plenty of cars eagerly waiting for their owners.

475B7F95-AEE0-4C22-94FD-FF38B80DA882.jpeg

1st deliveries after lockdown, plenty of cars eagerly waiting for their owners.
Your car looks amazing, hope mine is in the warehouse too. Just made my full payment yesterday (Thursday).

May I ask which warehouse did you go to? I drove into the site on Wednesday during lunch time and there was no sign of any Tesla delivery centre. All I saw as a Tesla flag at the entrance to the warehouse complex and an Amazon pickup point in the very last warehouse.

1B1EF0CE-B902-45A8-A059-1D488D3B47F4.jpeg

Your car looks amazing, hope mine is in the warehouse too. Just made my full payment yesterday (Thursday).

May I ask which warehouse did you go to? I drove into the site on Wednesday during lunch time and there was no sign of any Tesla delivery centre. All I saw as a Tesla flag at the entrance to the warehouse complex and an Amazon pickup point in the very last warehouse.

View attachment 692451
You are spot on. Turn left into the driveway and then immediately right into the visitor parking. The check in entrance is located halfway through the visitor parking lots.

caution for those picking up from this location. Be careful of the traffic from Amazon Warehouse! these delivery drivers are quick on the shared entrance/exit. not a good combo when you are settling into the car.

It was pretty quick for me, 15mins max. Check in was painless. had a couple of test drives and I have been reading up so no dramas yesterday. inspected for defects, hopped on to personalise the car and done!

I was told yesterday was there 1st deliveries after lockdown, plenty of cars eagerly waiting for their owners.

View attachment 692206
Congrats..Good to hear, you had wonderful experience. I am waiting for my M3LR delivery in next couple of weeks at Mulgrave.. Wondering if you were given option to inspect vehicle before accepting delivery ? Read lot about panel gaps, door and trunk alignment issues and bit nervous.. hope the quality of new batch from Shanghai gigafactory is better compared to Freemont US..

Congrats..Good to hear, you had wonderful experience. I am waiting for my M3LR delivery in next couple of weeks at Mulgrave.. Wondering if you were given option to inspect vehicle before accepting delivery ? Read lot about panel gaps, door and trunk alignment issues and bit nervous.. hope the quality of new batch from Shanghai gigafactory is better compared to Freemont US..
I’ve recieved 4 tesla from freemont and have only had two issues; 1 wheel trashed (which tesla replaced almost immediately) and one door not quite closing correctly, which was rectified with latch adjustment at home a few days after pickup.
Never had any panel alignment or paint issues.
The gaps and breakages in software ‘updates’ though, that needs some work.

I’ve recieved 4 tesla from freemont and have only had two issues; 1 wheel trashed (which tesla replaced almost immediately) and one door not quite closing correctly, which was rectified with latch adjustment at home a few days after pickup.
Never had any panel alignment or paint issues.
The gaps and breakages in software ‘updates’ though, that needs some work.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to hear that the number of quality issues is coming down.. Believe all new cars are coming from Shanghai gigafactory and hearing the quality is improved. Hoping my delivery goes smoothly. Were you given opportunity to inspect the vehicle before accepting it? Any insight on that process would be great..

Were you given opportunity to inspect the vehicle before accepting it? Any insight on that process would be great..
I’ve heard if you go on a Saturday morning there can at times be an apple store style queue and you may be rushed through.

My pickup was from Cremorne on a weekday and the process was basically rock up and sign some form on an iPad before even seeing the car,
Then told to give the car a look over and ask any questions, had to wait about 5 mins for the car to reboot after being assigned to my account.

There was no pressure to get out of there in any particular hurry and in my case, I had a low tyre pressure warning so they had a service tech meet me and drive around the corner to service center to get it pumped up.

I’ve heard if you go on a Saturday morning there can at times be an apple store style queue and you may be rushed through.

My pickup was from Cremorne on a weekday and the process was basically rock up and sign some form on an iPad before even seeing the car,
Then told to give the car a look over and ask any questions, had to wait about 5 mins for the car to reboot after being assigned to my account.

There was no pressure to get out of there in any particular hurry and in my case, I had a low tyre pressure warning so they had a service tech meet me and drive around the corner to service center to get it pumped up.
Thanks for the details. Yeah, I am thinking of avoiding the weekend if possible so I am not rushed. Price cut is what tempted me :) .. Definitely not expecting build quality like germans. Buying it for the tech but same time want to ensure no major issues.. have seen some videos where the door doesn't shut and the C pillar panel is way off .. Tesla SC mentioned the quality of 2021 has improved a lot. so hoping it goes smooth..

Congrats..Good to hear, you had wonderful experience. I am waiting for my M3LR delivery in next couple of weeks at Mulgrave.. Wondering if you were given option to inspect vehicle before accepting delivery ? Read lot about panel gaps, door and trunk alignment issues and bit nervous.. hope the quality of new batch from Shanghai gigafactory is better compared to Freemont US..y
you will be electronically checked in and provided with a VicRoads registration print out Before being ushered through the doors into the warehouse. I asked about defects, I was assured you can report it on the spot or after delivery. service centre will then sort out post delivery. I was allowed to spend as much time with the car in the warehouse.

found a few marks and stains post delivery, messaged through the app with photos and I’m booked in for a service immediately.

Reactions: andypenty