Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mulgrave VIC delivery centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to hear that the number of quality issues is coming down.. Believe all new cars are coming from Shanghai gigafactory and hearing the quality is improved. Hoping my delivery goes smoothly. Were you given opportunity to inspect the vehicle before accepting it? Any insight on that process would be great..
Mine were all pre-covid so cannot comment on the current process. However if I was picking up a new car and they refused an inspection first, and assuming they refused to budge on that, I‘d be treating it like a hire car and taking photo’s of damage (so time stamped) showing background, so it therefore had not been moved. I would also be putting the pickup time somehow in any acceptance form, which the rego papers would have in any case for speed cameras.

Reactions: andypenty
you will be electronically checked in and provided with a VicRoads registration print out Before being ushered through the doors into the warehouse. I asked about defects, I was assured you can report it on the spot or after delivery. service centre will then sort out post delivery. I was allowed to spend as much time with the car in the warehouse.

found a few marks and stains post delivery, messaged through the app with photos and I’m booked in for a service immediately

so it looks no other option but just to accept delivery and then hope any issues will be taken care as part of the warranty. Option to at least inspect car from outside before rego would at least give level of comfort.
Mine was scheduled for delivery tomorrow but got a call yesterday stating they found some minor paint issue and bodyshop need 5 working days and now date is pushed to next week. Bit worried to hear the car is in bodyshop even before delivery.

• Informative
Reactions: Miggy
👋🏻 I have a M3P with an estimated delivery date of 19-31 August at this pick up facility, but it seems like with the current restrictions I’ll be stuck waiting until they lift a bit more.

Fingers crossed for a stress free delivery with no defects. How optimistic am I?
Took my delivery today.. Looks Telsa come under click and collect.. so restrictions shouldn't push your delivery date..

Unless you are outside the 5km radius...?
While I am inside the radius, and while I am attempting to honour the restrictions (haven't left home in over a week with online grocery deliveries), I believe you are allowed to go further than the 5km to a place for Click and Collect to a place that only exists outside the radius.
Took my delivery today..
That's excellent news! Did you have any defects? What Model and Spec? 😀

While I am inside the radius, and while I am attempting to honour the restrictions (haven't left home in over a week with online grocery deliveries), I believe you are allowed to go further than the 5km to a place for Click and Collect to a place that only exists outside the radius.

That's excellent news! Did you have any defects? What Model and Spec?
Since this is click and collect and that is the only place to collect, I think you should be fine. You hardly come in contact and is totally safe in my view. But with new strict restrictions, I am not sure if anything changed. Worth giving call to Tesla delivery centre and check once.

Mine is M3 LR. I was so anxious about defects too. But looks the 2021 models are really improved. Couldn't find any obvious ones in the delivery centre. After coming home noticed a small pain scratch though and have booked service via online. But in general, I think you should be good.

Finally collected my Model 3 from Mulgrave this arvo! I am so excited! No gap nor paint issues at all! Guess it has been raining a bit, so it is not perfectly clean, but totally acceptable!

Just wondering should the car come with the Road Safety Kit? Or it is another thing not included in the Australian market?

Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Attachments

• D476EFB8-4A12-4FA9-9D66-BDDC82A783A7.jpeg
    D476EFB8-4A12-4FA9-9D66-BDDC82A783A7.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 185
Reactions: Vostok
No safety kit in Australia (not mandatory).
A few 2021 cars got it accidentally as it's needed for UK/Europe. Like some 2020 cars got the 16A UK/NZ Blue commando caravan park adapter.

Plate covers have been hit and miss for a while. NSW in particular has often been out of them.

In Australia all cars come with a front plate mounting bracket.

@Hong Konger it doesn't look like that front plate comes with a number plate cover. Did you provide custom plates / opt to exclude it? How is that plate connected to the car?
Hi blurrybird. I did provide my own plate, basically ordered a different style of my old number plate, and didn’t no opt out for plate cover.

none of the cars at Mulgrave had plate cover actually.

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry for the questions but does that mean they drilled through the center of the plates to attach them?

I ask because I want to put custom plates on after taking delivery
I don’t think they had to drill thru the plates, as there are plenty of pre-drilled holes when the plates arrived.

in terms of plate covers, I have been told that they are out of stock at the moment due to the a change of supplier. The helpful staff at Mulgrave was happy to jot down my details and will contact me once they are back in stock.