Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member, and a few questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too ordered a black/black.

However, when I called to the West 4th location, they told me they had some grey/white with upgraded wheel if I wanted quick delivery.

Wife didn't agree to the color so we had to pass. But that'd be your best bet if you wanted something quick.
Hmmm, grey with white interior would be a slick looking combo in my opinion, and quite unique....I'm surprised they are still producing grey and had an inventory model that could be purchased, it was put 'off menu' a while back. Unless you meant it was MSM (midnight silver), and not grey?

Either way, and a bit off topic, but when I saw one of the grey model 3's in the wild I really liked the way it looked. If I had to do it over again, I might have considered a grey/white interior combo. None of the colours on the website really do the car justice. Especially the blue, which looks much lighter online than in person.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

After some discussion with the wife, we have decided to go with the Nema 14-50 option and use the charger that comes with the car for now. If the THWC with Nema ever come back, we'd just order one by then.

Just had an electrician to come over yesterday to install it on our breaker. Ours was full but the electrician was able to move around a few things (since we don't have any power hungry equipment except just the oven part of our stove and washer/dryer) on our 125amp panel and actually put in a 50amp breaker for the Nema. Total including parts and labor was 3xx because our breaker is right by where our parking spot is.

Just got a notice for tentatively delivery date and ordered the Nema adapter. Finger crossed it can be here before we take delivery.

Hey - I just ordered today. On my Tesla account under the finance section it was approved but I only see 5k incentive. It’s SR+. Will that get sorted at delivery? Do I just confirm my finance approval for now? I’m BC.
Look at the Vancouver VIN thread. It has a wealth of info. But to answer your questions. Yes you need to confirm finance approval that was offered to you. Wait until just before delivery for final numbers. They won’t guarantee the provincial rebate until closer to as funding isn’t endless

So I’ve got my vin a few days ago and prior to that, there’s a tentative delivery date of June 22. But I haven’t gotten any phone call about the delivery even though it’s less than a week for the delivery.

Calling Tesla number just disconnect every time. Is this something I should be worried about?

So I’ve got my vin a few days ago and prior to that, there’s a tentative delivery date of June 22. But I haven’t gotten any phone call about the delivery even though it’s less than a week for the delivery.

Calling Tesla number just disconnect every time. Is this something I should be worried about?
You should be fine. A week is like a year in Tesla time. Sooooo many things can change between now and then :)

Seriously though, you should be receiving a call soon. Interesting that the Tesla number disconnects. It used to be that you just had to wait a long time. I would often just call in the second the lines opened in the morning to get in the queue shorter. This is last summer when calling in the middle of the day would take an hour or more on hold, but first thing would get through in about 5-10 min. Maybe try calling right at 8:30 PST (I believe that's when they open)?

Reactions: Oveeus

Here was the sequence of events for me: I ordered May 26th. On June 10th I got VIN, Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement and estimated delivery date and time of Tuesday June 18th (T-7 days). I got an email from Toronto on Thursday (T-5 days) confirming major details (eg, no trade in and cash purchase). I got a phone call on Friday (T-4 days) from ground team in Vancouver confirming delivery details and confirming that time worked for me. I then got an email from Vancouver delivery team today (T-1 day) with more detailed information and further confirming delivery. Along the way my estimated date and time for deliver never changed. Hopefully that helps calm the nerves (I had them too).

I'm on the same boat, tried to call multiple times but got disconnected every time. I have to change the delivery date but just can't get someone to talk to... they are going to home deliver my car only to find I'm not home :(