TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

New Member and glad to be here

Discussion in 'Florida' started by FlaSteve, May 10, 2014.

1. FlaSteve

FlaSteve Member

Hello,

Just thought I would take a few moments on this cloudy Saturday to introduce myself... I have just ordered my Tesla S (gray, 85, black interior, tech, upgraded sound system) and I am impatiently awaiting my VIN and ANY news from Tesla :eek:... As my profile states I am from Palm Beach County and work for NextEra Energy (FPL parent co.).

I'm actually an IT manager that have key responsibility for Infrastructure and Hardware deployments for Wind and Solar projects around the US and Canada. So, while feeling good about my Jobs carbon impact, I've decided to walk the walk and address it at home as well... At least that is what I am telling myself to justify the costs :biggrin:.

One quick question, I noticed why many have there Tesla particulars noted at the bottom of the thread but, I'm not sure what field to use to set this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Again happy to be here and look forward to chatting.

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Welcome, FlaSteve! You're at the start of a very satisfying journey...

Find the Settings tab at the top right of any page; then click on Edit Signature in the left panel of your Settings page.

3. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Welcome, welcome, FlaSteve!! Especially because you ordered the best colour!! :)

Re the sig, I had to ask the same question when I joined. You'll have to post 5 posts before the option for signature will show up.

And good for you re your job, and walking the talk personally. The buy-in price is ridiculous compared to what most people have bought before according to many posts I've read, me included, and the "justification" has often been a bit of a struggle. I'm not saying Tesla's price is ridiculous, just that the most that most of us have spent on a car before was $20-30k. So it's a big jump. But ***SO*** worth it overall. I guarantee* it.

* not like a taillight guarantee, guaranteed as long as you can see my taillights, but more a statement of probabilities :cool:

4. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Hi Steve,

Congratulations, welcome to the forum and to our Florida Tesla club.

I've sent you an electronic invitation to join our club's private discussion group here at TMC. Check out the "Notifications" item in the top menu on the right of a TMC webpage.

Later today I'll be sending you some club materials.

Regards,

Larry

5. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Come on, another Steve in FL? Lol, welcome!

6. Electric700

Electric700 Member

Welcome Steve! Congrats on the car, it's great to have another Floridian here!

7. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Since you're a Floridian would you be interested in joining our Florida Tesla club? If so, just click on the link in my signature.

Larry

8. FlaSteve

FlaSteve Member

Yes, I've already noticed a theme here... :)

9. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Fun fact: 7% of FL owners who are members of the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts group are named Steve. And yes, I did the actual math!

10. Ugliest1

Ugliest1 S85: "Sparky"

Do you mind if we call you Bruce?

11. FlaSteve

FlaSteve Member

As my best friend use to say... " you can call me anything except late for dinner"

12. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

Congrats from another Steve. I think we need to have a Tesla "Steve" ownership meeting. We will invite others with inferior names (even Chris, I.e. Btrflyl8e), but we get first crack at the superchargers.

I've had my P85 for almost 8 months, but still remember the torment of the two month wait I had for delivery. I still can't even imagine how the early adopters waited so long to get the car.

You're gonna love the car....

13. FlaSteve

FlaSteve Member

Good news is Just checked and my delivery date has moved from July to Late June... Bad news: Will be in Nashville for a conference :(

14. Amped-Up

Amped-Up Member

Steve,

From one new comer to another - welcome to the community. And just think, whenever you feel the urge to head up north, there's a supercharger network ready and waiting. Let us know how long the Tesla grin lasts after you get your car.

15. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

Well, if you want me to pick it up for you while you're out of town................

Congratulations and welcome aboard

16. FlaSteve

FlaSteve Member

Thanks for the offer. You may or may not be surprised how many offers I have gotten for help

17. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

We're a generous bunch!

18. LoL Rick

LoL Rick Like Buttah

Welcome to the waiting club, Steve. I deliberately delayed mine until July and of course the wait is excruciating.

@bobinfla - I'm in Land O Lakes too. Just like the buttah!