TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

New member and need help in So Cal

Discussion in 'Model S' started by arjun, Jan 8, 2014.

1. arjun

arjun New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    United States
    Hi everyone - I'm new to the boards here but am active on a few porsche forums.

I designed a vehicle that is waiting on my deposit at Newport Beach, but I'm hoping to make some friends with Model S' who can answer a few questions and show me a few things that the dealer couldn't on my test drive.

For example, I'd really like to see how this car drives on a freeway (even as a passenger, just to hear wind/road noise), since that's where I do most of my driving. Also, I'd like to feel the ride in a vehicle equipped with standard 19's, no airbag suspension, and something other than the P85+. I'm a little intimidated to order a vehicle with options blindly, since I'd likely be going with a 85, not P85, with 19's instead of 21's.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm just about ready to order, but want to weigh the options for the build.

Please feel free to respond or PM me.
  2. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

Feb 22, 2011
    Mission Viejo, California, United States
    #2 capt601, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    We have a Orange County meetup this Saturday. Go to the California section of the forums for all of the details. They're will be plenty of people there that will answer any question you have. Last meetup we had about 20 cars.
    Here's the link to the meetup( if it works)
    Next OC Tesla Meet: Lunch Saturday 01/11/2014 @ 11 am
  3. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

Sep 4, 2013
    NJ, USA
    Welcome, this is generally a friendly, helpful and intelligent group. Been lurking myself for months and just started posting as well. There are countless threads on nearly every topic you could want and the search function at the top right of this page works well. Have fun exploring, it's addicting