Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

On Tuesday, after dreaming of owning a Tesla and saving up for the better part of my brief but present adult life, I finally pulled the trigger on a Model 3. I ordered the Performance Edition in Deep Blue Metallic with the Performance Upgrade and the White Leather. It looks absolutely gorgeous in the photo's and I am beyond stoked.

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.33.54 AM.png

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I'm excited to be here.

I've read some negative threads about the ordering process since I joined, which is a little scary, so I would like to hear some of the positives... In your opinion, what is the single best thing about owning a Tesla? What surprised you? How would you sell someone on owning a Tesla?

Thanks,
CK

Hello Everyone,

On Tuesday, after dreaming of owning a Tesla and saving up for the better part of my brief but present adult life, I finally pulled the trigger on a Model 3. I ordered the Performance Edition in Deep Blue Metallic with the Performance Upgrade and the White Leather. It looks absolutely gorgeous in the photo's and I am beyond stoked.

View attachment 342812

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I'm excited to be here.

I've read some negative threads about the ordering process since I joined, which is a little scary, so I would like to hear some of the positives... In your opinion, what is the single best thing about owning a Tesla? What surprised you? How would you sell someone on owning a Tesla?

Thanks,
CK
Congratulations and for me the ordering and servicing have been top notch.

My favorite thing about mine is how well it does multiple things without drama.

My P3D+ can be stupidly fast, or grandma slow equally well. Some very fast cars struggle with slower speeds and always want you to drive them a bit harder.
It can drive me down the freeway in traffic, or be a wonderful drivers car, pasting a grin on my fact while passing along all input through the firm but quiet chassis.
It can corner at extremely high speeds with the right tires, or with more efficient tires be quite a bit more efficient than other similar electric offerings.
Its also pretty reasonable to maintain so far, with low upkeep costs (hopefully) and low fuel costs.

My P3D+ can be stupidly fast, or grandma slow equally well. Some very fast cars struggle with slower speeds and always want you to drive them a bit harder.
It can drive me down the freeway in traffic, or be a wonderful drivers car, pasting a grin on my fact while passing along all input through the firm but quiet chassis.
It can corner at extremely high speeds with the right tires, or with more efficient tires be quite a bit more efficient than other similar electric offerings.
Its also pretty reasonable to maintain so far, with low upkeep costs (hopefully) and low fuel costs.

That’s exactly what my brother said when he drove my S. Such a drama free car!

OP welcome to the forum and Tesla. I'm sure you will love driving your car when it arrives. Is this your first BEV? Also curious, what delivery timeframe did you get? I know they recently registered a lot of VINs and think your config will get produced before the end of the year likely.

OP welcome to the forum and Tesla. I'm sure you will love driving your car when it arrives. Is this your first BEV? Also curious, what delivery timeframe did you get? I know they recently registered a lot of VINs and think your config will get produced before the end of the year likely.

Thanks for the welcome! This is my first BEV, and I am hoping it will allow me to swear off internal combustion all together. :) The delivery timeframe is 'Within 2 Months'; however, my owner advisor is saying that the performance edition is actually arriving within a month, on average. I still cannot believe this is happening!

Thanks to everyone else for the welcomes and posts as well. :)

• Love
Reactions: Sg911

Thanks Vines. :) All are very great aspects of the car and I cannot wait to experience them myself.

Does the P3D+ indicate the Performance Model 3? What about the D and the +? Sorry... Such a newb.

P3D+ is the performance model, D indicates Dual Motor AWD, and the + around here indicates the Performance package with the upgraded rims and brakes.

Awesome, thank you! So that's definitely what I ordered then, the P3D+ and the DBM is deep blue metallic I assume, so it's probably identical to yours! As long as you haven't changed anything. Would you mind showing yours off a bit?

I don't have a ton of pictures yet, but this is one of my favorites so far. I am trying to visit beautiful plaves and take beautiful pics of my car while I'm there.

Loving the Gen 2 RPM CF mirror covers, much nicer than the look of the Gen 1 ones. Now the front edge is wrapped.

The RPM spoiler on the other hand is poorly fitted, and lifts up at the corners. I'll probably pull it off when the factory one is available.

Attachments

• 20181007_171442.jpg
    20181007_171442.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 98
I don't have a ton of pictures yet, but this is one of my favorites so far. I am trying to visit beautiful plaves and take beautiful pics of my car while I'm there.

Loving the Gen 2 RPM CF mirror covers, much nicer than the look of the Gen 1 ones. Now the front edge is wrapped.

The RPM spoiler on the other hand is poorly fitted, and lifts up at the corners. I'll probably pull it off when the factory one is available.

Wow, that is a great shot! It looks beautiful. I seriously cannot wait to get mine. I keep checking the site every 10 seconds to see if my trade in has been evaluated... lol

Thanks for the welcome! This is my first BEV, and I am hoping it will allow me to swear off internal combustion all together. :) The delivery timeframe is 'Within 2 Months'; however, my owner advisor is saying that the performance edition is actually arriving within a month, on average. I still cannot believe this is happening!

Thanks to everyone else for the welcomes and posts as well. :)

As for swearing off internal combustion, I'm sure it will. While driving this morning I thought about how great it is to never stop at the gas station and smell the gas fumes. Love the quietness of the car; and while not a lead foot, it's fun to be first at the light and accelerate to road speed in a wink...part of the fun of driving a BEV.

Reactions: CullinKin
Welcome to the future, OP.

My advice re delivery, if you want to eliminate the drama that's been experienced by some, is to just no-show your delivery appointment.
I realize that sounds insane, and I am confident you won't no-show, but a sure-fire way to avoid disappointment (car isn't there when promised, etc) is to just no-show and wait for the store to call you wondering where you are. "Oh that was today?! Sorry. I'll come by tomorrow morning." Done. No stress. That said, you're likely to take delivery well outside the quarter-end peak, so should have no trouble.

My 3 is my second BEV. What you're likely to love is the silence due to lack of ICE. That's what strikes my friends who are new to a BEV.
My favorite 3 features are subtle things like the car knowing when to raise and lower my garage door, the utter minimalism of the interior, and the terrific job the navigation does on road trips indicating which supercharger stops to make and for how long.

Brace yourself a bit for some bugs; all part of being an early adopter of the future. Each OTA software update cures some bugs and occasionally introduces a few new ones for a while.

As for whether you're done with ICE, I'd guess that the answer will be a firm Yes. Even five years ago when the WSJ car reviewer first wrote up the Model S, as a self-described muscle car lover, he said "I just realized I'll never buy another gasoline car again." That is the moment Tesla caught my eye. Then I just had to wait for an affordable version for me...it was the LEAF in the meantime for me. I will never own another ICE vehicle again; I can't even fathom why I would.

Welcome to the future, OP.

My advice re delivery, if you want to eliminate the drama that's been experienced by some, is to just no-show your delivery appointment.
I realize that sounds insane, and I am confident you won't no-show, but a sure-fire way to avoid disappointment (car isn't there when promised, etc) is to just no-show and wait for the store to call you wondering where you are. "Oh that was today?! Sorry. I'll come by tomorrow morning." Done. No stress. That said, you're likely to take delivery well outside the quarter-end peak, so should have no trouble.

My 3 is my second BEV. What you're likely to love is the silence due to lack of ICE. That's what strikes my friends who are new to a BEV.
My favorite 3 features are subtle things like the car knowing when to raise and lower my garage door, the utter minimalism of the interior, and the terrific job the navigation does on road trips indicating which supercharger stops to make and for how long.

Brace yourself a bit for some bugs; all part of being an early adopter of the future. Each OTA software update cures some bugs and occasionally introduces a few new ones for a while.

As for whether you're done with ICE, I'd guess that the answer will be a firm Yes. Even five years ago when the WSJ car reviewer first wrote up the Model S, as a self-described muscle car lover, he said "I just realized I'll never buy another gasoline car again." That is the moment Tesla caught my eye. Then I just had to wait for an affordable version for me...it was the LEAF in the meantime for me. I will never own another ICE vehicle again; I can't even fathom why I would.

Thanks for the reply!

With regards to missing the delivery, after I ordered the car I was going through the next steps and when I put in my address it said they would need to do a home delivery... Which really doesn't make any sense because there is a delivery and service center about 15 minutes from my house. They didn't charge me anything extra... Yet... But that was a bit of a surprise since basically everyone picks it up from the delivery center. Have you heard of that before?

As for swearing off internal combustion, I'm sure it will. While driving this morning I thought about how great it is to never stop at the gas station and smell the gas fumes. Love the quietness of the car; and while not a lead foot, it's fun to be first at the light and accelerate to road speed in a wink...part of the fun of driving a BEV.

I can only imagine! 0-60 in 3.5 must be incredible. I will be going from a car that can do 0-60 in 5.8... I test drove a Model S P100 which only has a 0-60 of 4.1 and that even felt fast lol. I cant even imagine taking another 0.6 off of that.

I am literally checking the site and my email every 10 minutes waiting for the VIN even though they said it would be at minimum a week or two... The waiting game is painful and it's only been 3 days.:p