Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

On Tuesday, after dreaming of owning a Tesla and saving up for the better part of my brief but present adult life, I finally pulled the trigger on a Model 3. I ordered the Performance Edition in Deep Blue Metallic with the Performance Upgrade and the White Leather. It looks absolutely gorgeous in the photo's and I am beyond stoked.

View attachment 342812

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I'm excited to be here.

I've read some negative threads about the ordering process since I joined, which is a little scary, so I would like to hear some of the positives... In your opinion, what is the single best thing about owning a Tesla? What surprised you? How would you sell someone on owning a Tesla?

Thanks,
CK
Super.... and welcome to the amazing Tesla club! I had a similar configuration but jumped to solid black to put that $$$ towards a wrap and cermaic coat. I hope everyone one waiting gets theirs sooner than later. The cars as everyone says speak For Themselves...and they get better every update, maybe even an L update to stay ahead of BMW M3!

Reactions: CullinKin
Super.... and welcome to the amazing Tesla club! I had a similar configuration but jumped to solid black to put that $$$ towards a wrap and cermaic coat. I hope everyone one waiting gets theirs sooner than later. The cars as everyone says speak For Themselves...and they get better every update, maybe even an L update to stay ahead of BMW M3!

Thank you, I am glad to be here. :) Nice, definitely saves some money. I had to go with something other than black for this one... I have had 3 cars, and they have been black, black, and super dark gray which was almost black, respectively. So I really needed a change.

I decided to go all out on this vehicle and make it exactly what I want because it will probably be my only opportunity to do so... With a family and a house being future concerns.

What was the ceramic coat for?

Reactions: Sg911
Thank you, I am glad to be here. :) Nice, definitely saves some money. I had to go with something other than black for this one... I have had 3 cars, and they have been black, black, and super dark gray which was almost black, respectively. So I really needed a change.

I decided to go all out on this vehicle and make it exactly what I want because it will probably be my only opportunity to do so... With a family and a house being future concerns.

What was the ceramic coat for?
Vinyl wrap to something like this prism purple , and the ceramic coat to protect from swirls- I had it
54675B9D-5C70-47B0-B3AB-EC43FA1199B4.jpeg
on previoius black cars and loved how easy it was to keep my black cars cleaner with ceramic - never had a wrap before but seeking A custom color

• Love
Dang! That looks amazing. Very unique as well. You're expecting delivery on the 25th?
Yes, I saw it on Tesla owners club video I think.

I called the delivery telephone number And they were attempting to match me to a car in NYC with Similar specs but no go. My local SC scouted it out and got me matched if A.I. would expand to performance upgrade. I agreed, then My vin was assigned to my account on the 3rd of October after I busted their chops about many of our September deliveries that never happened they said car should arrive in 2-3 weeks but the car arrived in Charlotte on the 10th 7 days later.
Read that post.

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

I'm getting mine wrapped and coated. I took delivery strait to detailer already. But for op, when I ordered mine, I looked into home charging options, all weather mats for interior and trunks. I'm holding off on stronger LED lights until I feel it's too dim. Might eventually look into bike racks.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dana1 and Sg911
Yes, I saw it on Tesla owners club video I think.

I called the delivery telephone number And they were attempting to match me to a car in NYC with Similar specs but no go. My local SC scouted it out and got me matched if A.I. would expand to performance upgrade. I agreed, then My vin was assigned to my account on the 3rd of October after I busted their chops about many of our September deliveries that never happened they said car should arrive in 2-3 weeks but the car arrived in Charlotte on the 10th 7 days later.
Read that post.

Charlotte, NC Waiting Room

Ahh you must be stoked once it gets to you! Congratulations. I can’t wait to see what it looks like when it’s all wrapped and coated.

Yes , minus the damaged front bumper it has on a brand new car- I will need to address that with Tesla soon- but once I Actually have it. in. MY. Possession. Interesting times!!

Yeah I saw that. That is unfortunate. I can’t imagine they will just leave that there. And if they do, anything short of immediately fixing it for free would be a bad move on their part.

Thanks for the reply!

With regards to missing the delivery, after I ordered the car I was going through the next steps and when I put in my address it said they would need to do a home delivery... Which really doesn't make any sense because there is a delivery and service center about 15 minutes from my house. They didn't charge me anything extra... Yet... But that was a bit of a surprise since basically everyone picks it up from the delivery center. Have you heard of that before?
I wouldn't put too much stock in whatever the automated systems are telling you in terms of where and when you'll get your car. They started home deliveries in earnest in September to reduce the bottleneck in the delivery/service centers. There's not an incremental cost to you for home delivery. Personally I'd rather take delivery at a Tesla location so that any issues can be handled on site. I also don't want someone driving my car to me before I've driven it (I want a virgin car.). Anyway, yes home delivery is a thing. But also just know that you'll hear from your delivery human being from Tesla (mine was in Vegas) as your delivery gets closer. Since you'll be taking delivery off peak (not at quarter end), I suspect you'll be able to tell your delivery advisor you want to take delivery at the delivery center that's right near your house and it won't be a problem. Your car will be getting detailed for delivery there anyway.

I know it sounds nuts, but just be patient with the delivery process. Tesla is still trying to figure out how to smoothly go from delivering 25k cars per qtr to delivering 75k+ cars per quarter. It's a bit lumpy at present. My delivery experience on March 28 was fantastic, but there really weren't many Model 3s to create a peak back then. A few minutes of paperwork, a leisurely inspection of my car and leisurely orientation by a Tesla employee, and off I went. It was glorious, particularly when compared to an ICE dealer purchasing experience (which, quite simply, I will never do again!).

Thanks for the reply!

With regards to missing the delivery, after I ordered the car I was going through the next steps and when I put in my address it said they would need to do a home delivery... Which really doesn't make any sense because there is a delivery and service center about 15 minutes from my house. They didn't charge me anything extra... Yet... But that was a bit of a surprise since basically everyone picks it up from the delivery center. Have you heard of that before?

Yes but... Go over to the DC and say Wwwhhhhaaaaattttttt...

I wouldn't put too much stock in whatever the automated systems are telling you in terms of where and when you'll get your car. They started home deliveries in earnest in September to reduce the bottleneck in the delivery/service centers. There's not an incremental cost to you for home delivery. Personally I'd rather take delivery at a Tesla location so that any issues can be handled on site. I also don't want someone driving my car to me before I've driven it (I want a virgin car.). Anyway, yes home delivery is a thing. But also just know that you'll hear from your delivery human being from Tesla (mine was in Vegas) as your delivery gets closer. Since you'll be taking delivery off peak (not at quarter end), I suspect you'll be able to tell your delivery advisor you want to take delivery at the delivery center that's right near your house and it won't be a problem. Your car will be getting detailed for delivery there anyway.

I know it sounds nuts, but just be patient with the delivery process. Tesla is still trying to figure out how to smoothly go from delivering 25k cars per qtr to delivering 75k+ cars per quarter. It's a bit lumpy at present. My delivery experience on March 28 was fantastic, but there really weren't many Model 3s to create a peak back then. A few minutes of paperwork, a leisurely inspection of my car and leisurely orientation by a Tesla employee, and off I went. It was glorious, particularly when compared to an ICE dealer purchasing experience (which, quite simply, I will never do again!).

Yeah that’s what I’m getting. I will be and that’s a good point to handle any issues on site with Tesla instead of at home. I will definitely make it clear that I would like to pick it up at the distribution center.

This is a very difficult wait. It will be so worth it in the end though!

Last edited:
I just got the call and I am taking delivery this Friday!!! I am so unbelievably excited. I cannot believe this is happening!

It looks like it will have been 18 days total from order date to delivery, I will make sure to update the spreadsheet.

For when I take delivery, what areas of the car have been problem areas? Which ones should I inspect closely for damage or problems?

I just got the call and I am taking delivery this Friday!!! I am so unbelievably excited. I cannot believe this is happening!

It looks like it will have been 18 days total from order date to delivery, I will make sure to update the spreadsheet.

For when I take delivery, what areas of the car have been problem areas? Which ones should I inspect closely for damage or problems?

Damn that was quick! Hoping to see a similar timeline as you. I ordered a White on White P3D on 10/19...anticipation is already killing me

Hello Everyone,

On Tuesday, after dreaming of owning a Tesla and saving up for the better part of my brief but present adult life, I finally pulled the trigger on a Model 3. I ordered the Performance Edition in Deep Blue Metallic with the Performance Upgrade and the White Leather. It looks absolutely gorgeous in the photo's and I am beyond stoked.

View attachment 342812

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. I'm excited to be here.

I've read some negative threads about the ordering process since I joined, which is a little scary, so I would like to hear some of the positives... In your opinion, what is the single best thing about owning a Tesla? What surprised you? How would you sell someone on owning a Tesla?

Thanks,
CK
Don’t freak. When something goes wrong folks need to vent. For every bad experience there were thousands of good ones- mine delivered three weeks early in perfect condition. But I wouldn’t schedule a vacation with the car the day after a scheduled delivery date, lol, get your zen on and you’ll be happier.

Don’t go crazy ordering stuff before you get your car. Having it in person will help you make better decisions on accessories.

I picked mine up Jul 3. Since then I’ve gotten new features: dash cam, Summon, better braking...this is the exciting bit about the car. The car keeps up with technology rather than becoming outdated.

Download and read the owners manual while you’re waiting.

Congrats!

I've read some negative threads about the ordering process since I joined, which is a little scary, so I would like to hear some of the positives... In your opinion, what is the single best thing about owning a Tesla?
It's 100% electric.

Until you've experienced that, you don't know what it means. You will never want to drive a gasoline car again. Silent, smooth, responsive, relaxing, I could go on forever.

The Supercharger network (and many electric adapters) means you can go anywhere, which is why you won't want to drive other companies' electric cars either.

Dealing with the company can be nightmarish, but there is simply no car for sale anywhere which is comparable.