TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

"new" member from Germany...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by harald-hans, Jul 26, 2017.

1. harald-hans

harald-hans New Member

Hi Folks,

I just want to say hello from Germany and introduce myself ...

I am 53 years old and a real petrolhead UNTIL the first Tesla was presented - after that only E-Vehicels matters ... ;)

The Model S was my sneaking desire since the first time it was presented on the market - over all it takes a "little" time for me but now since February 2017 I am a proud owner of a 90D ...

Because I am a longstanding driver on the legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife here in Germany with all the cars I own until yet it was obvious that it will not take long to see my Model S on the track. :D :rolleyes:

Here some pictures for those who are interested:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before entering the track I changed the wheels to the Brock B38 wheel with Continental SportContact5P tires in 245/40/20 ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is all for the moment - thanks for your attention !

Greetings from Germany

harald-hans

P.S. sorry for my English ... :(

• Like x 5
  2. ABVA

ABVA Member

Glad to have a petrolhead converted to the new world. Welcome to the family.

3. snd92

snd92 Member

Welcome to TMC :) Tell us more about how long before power limiter did kick in. What's your best time around NNs?

4. nico180

nico180 180 Nico's on the wall

When are you planning to do more running on circuit? Like the idea!

5. harald-hans

harald-hans New Member

@ABVA

Thanks ... :)

@snd92

No problem at all - after driving 25 years on this track I be pally with every little stone on the track ;) - so if you know the corners, the breaking points and the line you can drive absolutely "relaxed" for example by using the maximum recuperation - there is no need for full throttle on the straights because you do not drive a race - it is just fun to catch the corners (the Model S has a really low center of gravitiy :cool: ) and to accelerate at the corners exit as fast as possible - you will see EVERY object in you mirror getting smaller ... :D

Because this was the first time with the Tesla on the track and I drove just as I described upon the best time was something around 9:30 BTG WITHOUT loosing power - in total I drove 10 rounds on this special day ...

@nico180

Next time will be the evening August 29 - 2017 because at August 30 - 2017 I will participate again on a trackday at the Nordschleife ...

• Like x 2