Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member, just ordered a Model Y LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think your off to a good start but my advice would be to get a wall connector if your able. The mobile charger is limited to 32amps and will require adapters to plug into your dryer outlet. The wall connector can charge at the max 48 amps when properly wired to a 60 amp circuit.

Some will disagree with me on this part but I recommend anyone with a home charger have a hard wired setup. There are a couple of reasons i feel this way:

1) the 14-50 or 14-30 plug is an additional failure point.

2) these circuits are required to have GFCI at the breaker in most places. This leads to frequent tripping of the breaker because the charger also has ground fault protection. GFCI is not nescessary when the EVSE is hard wired.

3) Its good to always have the mobile charger with you in the even you need it out on the road.

4) the mobile charger is slower.

Get yourself a nice home charging setup and save youreelf from possible issues down the road. On top of all that the mobile charger looks pretty cool charging the Tesla 😎

Here is a video i did on installing mine: