Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member just ordered Model Y today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been reading all the great input from members, and have learned a lot.
This will be my first electric car. Website says delivery between 5-9 weeks.
My major problem is I got a great offer today from Carmax on my current car,
but as most know, it expires after 7 days, but I was told if I keep the mileage low,
they can extend that time. However, I don't think they'll extend it 5-9 weeks!
That's asking too much of them. Time will tell what happens.
Between this site and Youtube, I may actually be capable of driving off the lot.
Thanks to all.

I've been reading all the great input from members, and have learned a lot.
This will be my first electric car. Website says delivery between 5-9 weeks.
My major problem is I got a great offer today from Carmax on my current car,
but as most know, it expires after 7 days, but I was told if I keep the mileage low,
they can extend that time. However, I don't think they'll extend it 5-9 weeks!
That's asking too much of them. Time will tell what happens.
Between this site and Youtube, I may actually be capable of driving off the lot.
Thanks to all.
To give you some perspective, I ordered my MY back around 3/14 and the delivery estimate is showing May 29 to June 28 today. Original estimate was end of March, then it pushed to April, then it pushed to May, and then now looks like June. And that's IF there's no major issues with the new car so no rejections upon delivery which I'm praying it doesn't. Otherwise, I mean you're looking at even longer. So unless you have another mean of transportation, you might want to reconsider selling your car immediately. Actually, one of my buddies bought a MX and that's exactly what happened. He bought into the estimate and then sold his car, then he had to do a short term lease for a few months before he got his MX. So the delay is real. I mean unless something major changes like a miracle approval of the proposed EV Rebate before summer, the value probably isn't going to be a huge amount of difference. Lastly, I personally would not schedule my life around the estimated delivery date because it changes so much. If I had a vacation planned in June, I might stick to it because who knows, my June date might becomes August or maybe sooner in May, it's a floating target.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsLabib
UPDATE: I ordered my MY on 4/19 (2 days ago) and see I've been assigned a vin already.
My estimated delivery went from the initial 5-9 weeks and now sits at April 27 - May 3.
Is it a hopeful sign that I've gotten my vin?
lol I mean I'm happy for you but thats complete bullshit being that I live a few miles away from where these cars are being made and I ordered in march. WTF.

UPDATE: I ordered my MY on 4/19 (2 days ago) and see I've been assigned a vin already.
My estimated delivery went from the initial 5-9 weeks and now sits at April 27 - May 3.
Is it a hopeful sign that I've gotten my vin?
Having a VIN is always a good sign. However, until the delivery appointment is confirmed and scheduled, I think all can still go up in the air. You can search for some older post here, some people has VIN assigned and later taken away just like that for no reason at all. But at least better than most of us that are still waiting for a VIN.

I ordered mine on 4/14 (MYLR, midnight silver metallic, black interior, 5 seat, 19" Gemini, w/tow hitch) and my estimate was also 5-9 weeks. I also got a very good offer from Carmax for my "training EV" (2019 Leaf SV Plus), but I'm waiting on my title to actually sell. The more I view the discussions on delays, I'm rethinking selling it before my Tesla arrives. It has low miles and I have another older car I could get by on... but the randomness of deliveries leans me towards waiting and just doing a private sale of the Leaf later. Charging infrastructure and more range convinced me to "upgrade" finally to a Tesla, but the whole "business plan" still seems lacking.

Config: basic order - white/black interior, Gemini wheels, Long Range, AWD.
I ordered MY long range Awd, white/ black interior with 20” induction wheels.
I’m in Orlando but no vin yet, ordered 4/1 now I’m updated eta is May 7- May 22. Hopefully I hear good news soon.
Someone here told me when I get my vin, if they don’t assign me a pick up date within 3 days of getting my vin to contact my SA to get a delivery date set

Reactions: whisperingshad