Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member & just ordered my first Tesla!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 8/8/20 I ordered my 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance in Red/white interior w/FSD. I’m very excited to be here and join the community and I can’t wait to get my car! When I ordered it said 3-7wks how accurate is this? All I do about 20x a day is check my order to see if there’s any progress. What’s the usual delivery timing? Is that time more like “under promise over deliver” kind of style?

Reactions: Phlier
Congratulations!! I personally received my Model 3 LR in July. My order said 4-8 weeks but I received my car approximately a week after I ordered. Word on the street is that Tesla is now pushing out cars for other regions, i.e. EU/Canada (read this in another thread), so your time frame might not be as fast. Just my two cents ;)

Congratulations!! I personally received my Model 3 LR in July. My order said 4-8 weeks but I received my car approximately a week after I ordered. Word on the street is that Tesla is now pushing out cars for other regions, i.e. EU/Canada (read this in another thread), so your time frame might not be as fast. Just my two cents ;)
Thank you and congrats to you too! Ugh hopefully sooner than 7 weeks lol I’m antsy since I sold my car to get ready and get all the finances straight. I drive my beater now and it’s killing me lol

Congratulations. They begin delivering cars in North America around the first week of September. You will definitely get the car before the end of the quarter but beyond that it’s anyone’s guess exactly what date it will be. East coast deliveries tend to happen first.

I'm right there with you! Test drove on 8/10 and ordered on 8/11 after sleeping on it. I'm irrationally checking my vehicle page every hour and occasionally scanning the source code for a VIN in the off chance I'm a lucky one who gets a car in ~1 week but I know it won't happen. Pearl white Model 3 SR+ here.

Reactions: ropogigio724
Haha I feel you man, hopefully you'll get that text real soon!
Yeah
I'm right there with you! Test drove on 8/10 and ordered on 8/11 after sleeping on it. I'm irrationally checking my vehicle page every hour and occasionally scanning the source code for a VIN in the off chance I'm a lucky one who gets a car in ~1 week but I know it won't happen. Pearl white Model 3 SR+ here.
Nice congrats! I’m hoping for the same it’s insane I’ve never been like this for any car lol.
Congrats! Had my Model 3 AWD going on 2 years and it just gets better.
That’s great to hear! I just want it right nowwwww! ;)