Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member...My Model 3 Performance ran 11.48

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was this in the late 90s, early early 2000s? if so, ive seen those vids as well, and you are somewhat of an internet-car-celebrity :D

lol indeed it was. 1989 turbo Dodge Caravan. I still have the van, I’m planning to restore it. I loaned it to an idiot friend due to a family emergency and he destroyed the turbo bearings, cracked a ring and blew the head gasket among other things... from now on, he’s not even allowed to look at one of my cars lol.

I remember those vids! You sir, are a LEGEND!

• Love
Reactions: Zorak03
  • Love
Reactions: MagnusMako
Is SOC or battery temp more important? Hit navigate to a local supercharger to "precondition" the battery to see what that does on your time.

I would say they are both equally important. Too low of an SOC will limit performance and optimum battery temp is just as critical. I've seen Model S P100Ds require up to 55 min to heat up the battery in order to enable ludicrous mode.

As far as battery temps go, I think you have a pretty wide operational range for relatively similar levels of hp. You have to be at the extreme ends of cold to really lose significant power. Freezing or well below it is where you'll really start to notice a difference, atleast in my experience.

Last Friday I went 11.388 @ 121 mph but my 60ft was in the 1.8s
Ive seen most Model 3s pull low 1.7 60fts. Wondering if I drop my tire pressure to the mid-30s if it'll hook better.
Very skeptical of a 121mph trap. Was this at a drag strip and did you back it up with other runs with similar traps in both lanes?

Here's my car with a 90% SOC and a light tailwind. 42psi tire pressure.

Even at 80% SOC my traps only dropped to 117.5mph
IMG_1942.jpeg

Last edited:
Lighter wheels aren't alone going to net you 3mph in trap. Plenty of M3P drag racing runs with lighter wheels out there. None of them trapping anywhere near 121mph.

Plenty of stock M3P's running 119.8, including my buddy whom I witnessed the run at the track and is rank 7 on dragtimes (Michael). That's only 1.2 mph less. I trap 119.8 in my AWD+ with wheels/rotors.

Last edited:
Very skeptical of a 121mph trap. Was this at a drag strip and did you back it up with other runs with similar traps in both lanes?

Here's my car with a 90% SOC and a light tailwind. 42psi tire pressure.

Even at 80% SOC my traps only dropped to 117.5mphView attachment 581512

Super light wheels (Volk Te37), lowered a decent amount on coils and a front lip. The battery was at 94%
I was also surprised it went that fast. 2 runs after that it went 120 as well.
TIME SLIP.jpg
time slip 2.jpg