Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member saying hello and a question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi every one. I'm a new Tesla owner and new here.

Is it possible to show rear camera view on the display screen while driving forward? Found the mirror rear view is too small and the vision gets worse in rain as there is no wipers for the rear windscreen.

I don't know what software version the car came with but they are often an old version and it takes a couple weeks to get your first update. You could always display the read and side cameras while driving but if you're updated to the V11 UI, to make it easy, you have to add the camera icon to the task bar to make it easy to use. It's the round camera icon. The squarish one is the dashcam.

Mike

Reactions: TBrownTX
I don't know what software version the car came with but they are often an old version and it takes a couple weeks to get your first update. You could always display the read and side cameras while driving but if you're updated to the V11 UI, to make it easy, you have to add the camera icon to the task bar to make it easy to use. It's the round camera icon. The squarish one is the dashcam.

Mike
Thanks. I just had a look, it IS V11.0

Hi every one. I'm a new Tesla owner and new here.

Is it possible to show rear camera view on the display screen while driving forward? Found the mirror rear view is too small and the vision gets worse in rain as there is no wipers for the rear windscreen.
Yes you can view the rear camera at any time

The rear camera can get worse in the rain as well
There is no way to wipe or clean it from the car
You have to physically do it yourself

Depending on how heavy the rain is
Road spray/rain can also make the rear camera blind
as rain drips or sprays onto the camera lens