Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member UI concerns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally ;), we did some test driving of both Bolt and new Leaf way before public availability. We liked the Leaf, and were seriously tempted to buy an early one, though are SO happy with the 3. It’s so much more spacious and capable, though admit the ride is personal taste, we prefer the sportiness of the 3 though understand if people prefer the softer, borderline lifeless, ride of the Leaf.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak
Mike and Daniel, thanks again for all the feedback, I really appreciate it. Part of the problem here is that general public access for the Model 3 is really limited at the moment, especially if you are located in Canada. So some of my questions my seem a little funny to someone who lives in California and was able to drive the car months ago. I hear you Mike, forums are a lot like hospitals, you usually only go there when your not feeling well. Starting a thread about how the drive to work was uneventful probably doesn't get much response. I am learning a lot about the Model 3 thanks to the help of people like you guys. Thanks!

Absolutely welcome @evJOULE. No questions seem funny. It’s disturbing, and a little stressful, when you buy sight unseen, test drive-less a car. The one thing you really might want to consider is the AWD option. Although I believe the 3 has better traction control as a RWD then p85, you should definitely use snow/ice tyres there in the winter and AWD might be a worthwhile option to go for.

Thanks again Mike. Your last comment about AWD was well timed as I had another question in the back of my mind concerning, you guessed it, AWD. I started another thread in the driving dynamics forum to make it more visible, but I really appreciate your input, so if you have any comments, I would really like to hear them. I have linked a couple articles that form the bases of my questions, so hope to hear from you in the other thread. Thanks again.

For those who want to follow along. The thread is at Is the dual motor option worth it?

@evJOULE, couple of things for the forums you should know to help people navigate.
1) either hit “reply” to a post you wish to talk to or quote the user’s name with an “at” symbol like I did starting this post. Either of these signify to the person you’re repondjng to that there’s an answer/update.
2) if you copy the link for the post you can cross-refer to the posts in different forums / groups (just copy the url from the post number on the right of the post and paste it where the context is needed)

I’ll jump over to that thread now ;)