Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member. X order and super charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Quick hello from a potential new Tesla owner. Heading to the Tesla showroom this week to discuss ordering an X.

Currently driving a Mercedes S class but we have a 4th kid on the way so I need some seating space.

Two quick questions if you don't mind:

1. How long is the current time from order to delivery of the X P100?
2. Do you experience a lot of waiting time at the Super charging stations around Hong Kong?

I need to investigate if my apartment building allows for wall charging. If not I will be dependent on outside charging and not sure if that's viable. Thoughts?

Thanks

Ken

1. I suspect the wait would be easily up to or greater than 6 months (I have no evidence to back this up though, best to ask Tesla DM)
2. I don't SC much, but I can guarantee your answer to this question will depend on which SC's you plan on visiting and what time you plan on visiting them. Science Park and Festival Walk I know are frequently quite full. Kai Tak i suspect not so much.

Hi all

Quick hello from a potential new Tesla owner.
I need to investigate if my apartment building allows for wall charging. If not I will be dependent on outside charging and not sure if that's viable. Thoughts?

Thanks

Ken
Ken,

Definitely check with your building management about charging the Model X in your garage. It's much more convenient to charge at home or at work. Are there other electric vehicles in your apartment building?

I'm not in Hong Kong, but I know it's normally most convenient to charge at home.

Hi all

2. Do you experience a lot of waiting time at the Super charging stations around Hong Kong?

Thanks

Ken

Congratulations Ken!

Regarding charging, it depends a lot on your mileage. I'd say if you will drive more than 80k/day, it is imperative that you have access to home or work charger. I rely a lot on Cyberport SC. For the past year my experience there has been good (short waiting time if at all). If there are more than one car waiting, I'd just leave. But it was also because of my relatively low mileage and rather flexible hours - I don't have to go everyday at peak hours. Many drivers whom I suppose work there also have good etiquette. I have seen many times they just come down to drive the car to a regular parking spot.

Enjoy your X!

Nelson

Estimated delivery end March which seems very early. I'm in no rush so we'll see.

That one is about the first registration tax waiver. It will end by 31 Mar 2017, no one is sure about what the govt will do about it. If they decide not to extend the waiver, you will pay more for delivery after end of March, at worst it could double the price

And welcome to the party~