Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to join this forum and looking forward to learning and meeting new Tesla fans. I come from the good ol' M3Forum days where I spent countless hours reading thru posts (and honestly saw/read some of the funniest things ever thanks to the Off-Topic section). I currently have a MY and M3 on order, only beucase who can choose only one Tesla, right? I do plan on keeping only one for delivery tho, just need to test my patience for that December Y delivery :(

Since I'm posting maybe I can get some opinion....my M3 is EDD of 9/21-9/30....would y'all recommend I take delivery, drive it a couple months, then sell for the Y? I only would do this if the cost is around $200/mo and at this time it seems very likely lol. Thanks again!

The EDD disappeared on my reservation as well, They removed it fairly recently. I saw it go from November to December, and then I just saw the EDD just go away. My husband and I waited in line for his Model 3 reservation for LR RWD so this isn't that surprising or new to me, unfortunately.

Hi,

What cost are you talking about???

The EDD on my acct for MY was October until the beginning of this week.... now it disappeared, don't know why..
Thanks for the reply!

I am referring to the difference of purchase price of the M3 and the potential sale price if I did sell the car after a couple months of ownership. I am generally impatient and cant imagine waiting until Nov/Dec for deliver of the Y.....I've even changed the color 3 times already!

The EDD disappeared on my reservation as well, They removed it fairly recently. I saw it go from November to December, and then I just saw the EDD just go away. My husband and I waited in line for his Model 3 reservation for LR RWD so this isn't that surprising or new to me, unfortunately.
I had the same thing happen...pretty frustrating but not much we can do but wait....or buy a SR+ M3 in the meantime ;)

.my M3 is EDD of 9/21-9/30....would y'all recommend I take delivery, drive it a couple months, then sell for the Y? I only would do this if the cost is around $200/mo and at this time it seems very likely lol. Thanks again!
Since you are in Los Angeles, there is a 9.25% sale taxes in California, plus aditional registration fees.
So some one will have to paid about $5,000 to the California state, even if you keep the car for few months.
Better to buy the car you really want and keep it as long as you can...

Last edited:
Reactions: TripleA