Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New metalic blue? OMG I'm in trouble...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It actually grows on me. I don't like blue car, but my wife wanted it so we got it. I found that I like it more and more everyday. I just ordered a model 3 and I was thinking about getting the blue, but 2 blue cars (same exact color) just looks odd. LOL.

I've always wanted a blue car, but it has to be the *right* shade of blue. Tesla's is… not it.

I've been stellar shades of blue on a Hyundai recently, as well as a Chrysler, plus Audi's Ara Blue Crystal is gorgeous. Hopefully in a year or two once I'm ready to get rid of my current RWD Model 3 and pick up a PAWD model, they'll have new colors.

As long as mine looks like @deezevoltz's car with the 20" wheels, but with a spoiler and red brake calipers, I'm going to be a happy camper.

Here's a reminder of what that looked like:

Z7Ssegn.jpg

• Love
Reactions: SD_Engnr and Runt8
I'm picking mine up tomorrow morning and will post pictures so you can see what it looks like. I will try under different lighting conditions. I have noticed that under their bright fluorescent(?) lighting at the delivery centers, it looks more like the new picture but under more natural lighting conditions (even bright sunlight), it looks like the old rendition. There is a blue that someone within my local area owns and two that acquaintances own. I believe that all of those were either 2017 or Q1 versions. Mine is likely to be Q2 with VIN 308xx.

Reactions: e-FTW and JeffK
I originally ordered a Midnight Silver Metallic a couple days ago, but after visiting the Denver delivery center and seeing them in person, I switched to Blue. Looks great in person. MSM also looks good, but wasn't as impressed as I was with seeing the blue in person. Lot's of deliveries scheduled for next week (written on the windshield) and a carrier unloading new 3's while I was there. Should be some happy Denver customers in the next few weeks.

Wanted red.... but my wife's S is red and we ordered that blindly while Tesla wasn't happy with the reds they were working with. Finally after months of waiting they got it right - so we got it - but did not see till we took delivery at the factory.

So, for me I settled for blue. But - it's amazing. Like the red it looks different under different light conditions. And the red bubbles on the roof when wet were a gift - so I sorta got a red and blue.