Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New metalic blue? OMG I'm in trouble...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

e-FTW

New electron smell
Aug 23, 2015
San Francisco, CA
C7F5F73E-9208-4194-B92F-3BBB1B16831E.jpeg

I was so getting a red Performance Squared Model 3.
Then this happened...

The name is the same, but I have never seen a deep blue metallic Model 3 in person so I can't confirm that it is the same shade as before. I can confirm that the picture is different. On my Telsa Account page, I have my DBM Model X right above the default DBM Model 3 and the blue looks completely different. I think the real color is darker more like the old pic. I guess it could get to the lighter shade of the new pic but it has to be really really bright outside.

If the car actually looked that light of shade of blue... I'd consider it... but in person the blue Teslas look very dark and dull and almost purple to me. This coming from a Laser Blue Mica Mazda MP3 and a Celestial Blue Mica Mazdaspeed3

Reactions: Pkmmte
If the car actually looked that light of shade of blue... I'd consider it... but in person the blue Teslas look very dark and dull to me. This coming from a Laser Blue Mica Mazda MP3 and a Celestial Blue Mica Mazdaspeed3

It's darker, but not as dark at the older 2014 Tesla blue.. forgot the name. I had that as a loaner and that blue is almost black. It is definitely not the lighter celestial blue.

Without a name change it's likely just an art update. It'll continue to be underwhelming in reality in anything other than perfect lighting conditions.

It actually grows on me. I don't like blue car, but my wife wanted it so we got it. I found that I like it more and more everyday. I just ordered a model 3 and I was thinking about getting the blue, but 2 blue cars (same exact color) just looks odd. LOL.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I wonder why they would bother adjusting the image.... as the new image looks less like the color in real life.... I wonder if they really are making a paint change.... But I also checked the "side profile" view and it is still the old blue color. Model S "Deep Blue" looks unchanged as well so... not sure what the deal is.

Tesla Preview