Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Mexico Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

butYtho

MYLR5 | Red\White | 20 | Tow | No FSD | OD:9/25
Dec 12, 2021
New Mexico
I've been lurking here for a while, finally decided to create an account. Super excited to get our MYLR. I hadn't seen another "Waiting room" for NM, so I figured I'd start one.

MYLR5 | Red/White | 20 | Tow | No FSD
OD: 9/25
Profile Complete: 9/25

Original delivery center was up in Colorado, as we're down in Las Cruces NM, but I received a text a few weeks ago that they automatically switched us to the new Nambe Falls location up near Santa Fe. We were excited as we have some family up north so we just plan to make a little trip out of going to pickup the car.

EDD was April when we ordered, then narrowed to Feb - March (no dates), narrowed again to January 18 - Feb 21. And unfortunately, as of the beginning of December, we have NO EDD. It's just blank in the app and the online page just says TBD.

I think I remember someone on here mentioning that Nambe was no longer doing deliveries for the time being, and I'm hoping this wont delay us more than we're already delayed. I reached out to chat who confirmed that everything is good to go with our order and account.

Let the wait commence! I'm going to try realllly hard to not switch our order to Performance, given the price increases lately. It's gonna be a nice upgrade from the current farm truck, 2004 F250 that I'm driving!

Interested to see who else is waiting in NM!

Pretty much exact same situation with me. Ordered MYLR 8/25 and profile completion shortly thereafter, 9/18 I believe. Was set to pickup in Colorado but they changed me a few weeks back to Nambe. But like you, I’ve been seeing TBD for about 2 weeks now.

Pretty much exact same situation with me. Ordered MYLR 8/25 and profile completion shortly thereafter, 9/18 I believe. Was set to pickup in Colorado but they changed me a few weeks back to Nambe. But like you, I’ve been seeing TBD for about 2 weeks now.
I just wonder if the switch to Nambe had anything to do with it. I wish I could remember who posted or where it was posted on here that the Nambe location had "stopped doing deliveries until further notice" for some unknown reason.

It's just too coincidental that my EDD disappeared pretty much right after I had seen that mentioned. I want to say his name was @sfnmjack maybe? I dont remember for sure. Time to go search!

Either way, glad we're at least both in the same boat! Here's to hoping our dates come back soon! Thanks for the reply!

Just heard back from the Tesla “text” number.

I had asked to verify that the switch from CO to NM delivery center wouldn’t delay or impact my order. They stated that it would not. Only things like an order change will delay delivery.

They also confirmed that Nambe is still NOT doing deliveries currently. So I’m not sure how that wouldn’t impact my order. But just gonna put some faith in what they said.

We test drove a MY at Nambe a few weeks ago, and after the test they told us we cannot get a delivery at Nambe because of some tariff regs, but I think this was because we are Colorado residents. So, our delivery location shows as Colorado Springs, unfortunately. That is 2 more hours drive than Nambe and we have a friend who lives close by. Wish Tesla could let us S. Colorado folks use Nambe!

Reactions: butYtho
I’ve got a MS on order. EDD:TBD, with a Colorado pick up. Since the OP lives in LasCruces, I’m surprised the pick up location isn’t ElPaso.
Yeah. I was too. Apparently I can’t take delivery in TX because of the regulations. I’d have to be a Texas resident to take delivery there, per what they told me.

Mobile service was from El Paso. And absolutely fantastic. I’ve been completely blown away by the customer service I’ve received since taking delivery. And I dig v11 UI. Feeling like a snowflake these days. Haha!

I live in Rio Rancho. I ordered a Model 3 LR about a week ago. I currently have EDD of 25 Jan - 22 Feb. My advisor only gave me the option of Col Springs pickup.
If you’re paying cash or NOT doing financing through tesla. AFAIK, they will deliver the car to you if you request it. It was $750 last time I checked, and you’ll see the charge on your MVPA when the time comes as a carrier fee or the like.

I thought the road trip to pick it up was a blast. So glad I didn’t do home delivery. Plus it was a great, amazing shakedown cruise home to try out super charging and really get to know the car.

If you’re paying cash or NOT doing financing through tesla. AFAIK, they will deliver the car to you if you request it. It was $750 last time I checked, and you’ll see the charge on your MVPA when the time comes as a carrier fee or the like.

I thought the road trip to pick it up was a blast. So glad I didn’t do home delivery. Plus it was a great, amazing shakedown cruise home to try out super charging and really get to know the car.
I’m actually looking forward to the road trip from Col Springs, should be a lot of fun. As long as Raton Pass isn’t in the middle of a snowstorm!

I’m actually looking forward to the road trip from Col Springs, should be a lot of fun. As long as Raton Pass isn’t in the middle of a snowstorm!
Yeah no kidding. That was my only worry point as well. But when we went through it was clear as could be. Just super gorgeous. I actually enjoyed “jumping in head first” and having to figure out nav/supercharging right out of the gate. Was a nice bonding experience.

Although at this point. I think I’ve watched just about every Tesla related video on YouTube so I felt prepared. Ha!

Yeah no kidding. That was my only worry point as well. But when we went through it was clear as could be. Just super gorgeous. I actually enjoyed “jumping in head first” and having to figure out nav/supercharging right out of the gate. Was a nice bonding experience.

Although at this point. I think I’ve watched just about every Tesla related video on YouTube so I felt prepared. Ha!
I had to laugh reading your post, I’ve been watching youtube videos nonstop too. I think I understand a lot about the car already. My next big decision is to get FSD or not. Seems like it’s not worth it right now but it might be pretty useful in the future and much more than 10K. I have a few more days to decide I guess.

Reactions: butYtho
I had to laugh reading your post, I’ve been watching youtube videos nonstop too. I think I understand a lot about the car already. My next big decision is to get FSD or not. Seems like it’s not worth it right now but it might be pretty useful in the future and much more than 10K. I have a few more days to decide I guess.
If you plan on upgrading to FSD I’d do it now. Elon tweeted that they are increasing the FSD price to 12k on Jan 12th.

Greetings! I placed my order for a M3P yesterday and was only given the option to pick up in Colorado Springs due to "current legislation". That's a 9 (11 with charging time) hour drive back for me as I'm in Las Cruces, big bummer! I wish they would disclose that information before placing the order. I asked if I could switch to El Paso and was advised the only way to pick up in El Paso is if the car is being registered in TX. So I asked if I could pick up in AZ, either Tucson or Phoenix, and no go. The app updated this morning to an estimated time frame of February 15-March 15. I called again this morning and the Tesla representative advised me that it is very likely that by time NM will doing deliveries again, so fingers crossed! Can anyone confirm that the referral program (1000 free miles) has indeed been put to bed sometime last year?