Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Mexico Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings! I placed my order for a M3P yesterday and was only given the option to pick up in Colorado Springs due to "current legislation". That's a 9 (11 with charging time) hour drive back for me as I'm in Las Cruces, big bummer! I wish they would disclose that information before placing the order. I asked if I could switch to El Paso and was advised the only way to pick up in El Paso is if the car is being registered in TX. So I asked if I could pick up in AZ, either Tucson or Phoenix, and no go. The app updated this morning to an estimated time frame of February 15-March 15. I called again this morning and the Tesla representative advised me that it is very likely that by time NM will doing deliveries again, so fingers crossed! Can anyone confirm that the referral program (1000 free miles) has indeed been put to bed sometime last year?
I’m hoping so for your sake. I stopped by Nambe for them to look at a small paint chip I had. Super friendly staff there!

If you have to make the drive. It’s reallllly not bad and offers some beautiful scenery on the way home. Plus a chance to learn about super charging and check out all the ones between here and there! It really was a great road trip home. We have family in Santa Fe so that’s where we started from and then stayed on the way home to rest up and break up the drive into a few days just for fun. Be warned that the Albq supercharger seems to get filled solid. Often with a wait (there was a line of 5-8 cars the entire time I was there). So the more “off time” you can hit it would probably be better. I just used that time to check out some of the games, passed the time quickly.

Regarding the referral stuff. Yeah. It’s over. I think it’s just solar system price credits or something like that now. No more supercharging miles IIRC.

Excited for you to get your car! Still so few of them/us here in Cruces! Also hoping for more EV related events around here so we can all get together and check out each other’s cars!

I’m in El Paso and looking at getting a model 3 LR or performance. Been tough trying to test drive the cars and seeing the color options in person. All I ever see are white cars driving around. CarMax has a white 3P and it was at 10% charge so it cut the power down and I made them charge it so I can go drive it. It’s quick but they want 69k for a used 2021. I’ll order a new 2022 for less money.

I’m hoping so for your sake. I stopped by Nambe for them to look at a small paint chip I had. Super friendly staff there!

If you have to make the drive. It’s reallllly not bad and offers some beautiful scenery on the way home. Plus a chance to learn about super charging and check out all the ones between here and there! It really was a great road trip home. We have family in Santa Fe so that’s where we started from and then stayed on the way home to rest up and break up the drive into a few days just for fun. Be warned that the Albq supercharger seems to get filled solid. Often with a wait (there was a line of 5-8 cars the entire time I was there). So the more “off time” you can hit it would probably be better. I just used that time to check out some of the games, passed the time quickly.

Regarding the referral stuff. Yeah. It’s over. I think it’s just solar system price credits or something like that now. No more supercharging miles IIRC.

Excited for you to get your car! Still so few of them/us here in Cruces! Also hoping for more EV related events around here so we can all get together and check out each other’s cars!
Thanks for the info, the anticipation is growing! I really hope I don't have to drive to CO. I've made that drive once, really
I’m in El Paso and looking at getting a model 3 LR or performance. Been tough trying to test drive the cars and seeing the color options in person. All I ever see are white cars driving around. CarMax has a white 3P and it was at 10% charge so it cut the power down and I made them charge it so I can go drive it. It’s quick but they want 69k for a used 2021. I’ll order a new 2022 for less money.
Macova Motors had 2 LR (one with performance boost) when I went last week. Silver and Black. They keep them plugged in so they're always charged. No pressure salesman made it ideal for just a test drive.

Thanks for the info, the anticipation is growing! I really hope I don't have to drive to CO. I've made that drive once, really

Macova Motors had 2 LR (one with performance boost) when I went last week. Silver and Black. They keep them plugged in so they're always charged. No pressure salesman made it ideal for just a test drive.
I did go by there and drove the black one that is the LR with the power boost. Felt kinda slow and those 2 teslas are beat up! He’s had them for over 100 days on the lot. Supposedly they’re clean titles w no accidents but they don’t look like that unless that’s the Tesla build quality I’ve heard about.

I did go by there and drove the black one that is the LR with the power boost. Felt kinda slow and those 2 teslas are beat up! He’s had them for over 100 days on the lot. Supposedly they’re clean titles w no accidents but they don’t look like that unless that’s the Tesla build quality I’ve heard about.
I test drove the grey LR and that one was quick! I had never driven a Tesla before so the acceleration is what pushed me over the fence to place the order for the performance model. Since you're in El Paso you'll be able to pick up at the Helen Of Troy location or have delivered to your house.

I went to Tesla today and they explained all my ?s and then they gave me a tentative trade in value for my suv and they’re 6k lower than CarMax! Uh that’s gonna be a deal breaker I think. CarMax has a 3P but it’s priced higher but they’re giving me more for the trade in so idk what to do.

I went to Tesla today and they explained all my ?s and then they gave me a tentative trade in value for my suv and they’re 6k lower than CarMax! Uh that’s gonna be a deal breaker I think. CarMax has a 3P but it’s priced higher but they’re giving me more for the trade in so idk what to do.
Have you tried Carvana and Vroom? Or just have Carmax buy your SUV straight out and buy the Tesla?

Have you tried Carvana and Vroom? Or just have Carmax buy your SUV straight out and buy the Tesla?
I can do that but then registration taxes would be way higher. If I do the CarMax even w the higher priced car it would come out 1k less than buying the car through Tesla w the lower new car but lower trade in and I would get the car the same day w CarMax over waiting months w Tesla but w car max it’s a 2021 compared to Teslas 2022. And now wife isn’t sure if she wants a silent car . She likes to hear the motor and exhaust 😂. She drives an amg suv right now and my car was a hellcat before and now have an m5 so we like that exhaust sound and feel.

Model 3 Checklist

This pre-drive checklist is designed to be done in a specific flow to save time and make sure nothing is missed. You will essentially do several "laps" around the car. Start at the beginning and work your way down the list. By the end, your car will be fully reviewed. Feel free to print this out and bring it, along with a pen. Don't feel like you need to rush through the inspection. The delivery team at Tesla will certainly seem like they want to move quickly, but you don't need to leave the lot until you're 100% satisfied. Take your time

SECTION A - Verify pre-delivery vehicle records

Make sure the car you ordered is the car you're getting!

Check for the correct full name and address on your paperwork

Confirm the vehicle's VIN matches your paperwork

Check the vehicle's "About" screen for any information that does not match the vehicle (found by tapping the car icon in the bottom-left, then tapping Software)

Verify that the vehicle's Monroney record matches your configuration

Verify that the vehicle's body color, interior, and wheels match what you configured

SECTION B - Exterior inspection

Panel gaps

Do a lap of the car, check for any obvious body panel misalignment, or large gaps

Front of frunk properly aligns with where it meets the bumper

Trunk arms properly align with where they meet the left and right quarter panels

Headlights and rear lights are flush with the body

Charging port is flush with the body

Paint condition walkaround

Looking for scrapes, damage, overspray, underspray, dents and dings. Include all trim and door handles as part of this review

WITH ALL DOORS CLOSED

Inspect vehicle underside plastic trim (front and rear) for signs of scraping, or damage

Front bumper

Right front quarter panel

Right front wheel

Right passenger door

Right rear door

Right rear wheel

Right rear quarter panel

Trunk

Rear bumper

Left rear quarter panel

Left rear wheel

Left rear door

Driver's door

Left front wheel

Left front quarter panel

Frunk

OPEN ALL DOORS, INCLUDING FRUNK, TRUNK

Test power liftgate operation on trunk

Test all doors (including frunk and trunk) to ensure they open and close without unreasonable effort or sound

Ensure door windows auto-close completely when doors are closed

Check the frunk/trunk lighting

Check paint in areas such as door hinges, the bottom of the frunk/trunk, etc. that are not visible when doors are closed

Glass and seal condition

Inspect all glass (including side mirrors) for signs of distortion, scratches, or cracks

Inspect the weather seals around door gaps and windows

Verify that the water guards that line the trunk (below the rear windshield) are free and clear

Check for proper windshield and windshield trim installation

Inspect all edges of the roof glass panel and rear window

SECTION C - Interior inspection

Inspect interior seat upholstery, door surfaces, dash, headliner and carpets (including passenger compartment, frunk, and trunk)

SIT IN DRIVER'S SEAT

Check for any error messages on the display screen

Check all four windows to ensure they roll up and down properly

Test the windshield wipers

Test the rearview camera

Check side mirrors for proper operation of folding and position adjustment

Test the steering wheel position controls to ensure proper operation

Press the center of the steering wheel to make sure the vehicle's horn works

Check the rearview mirror for any warping or distortion

Check sunvisor operation, mirror condition and lighting operation

Front overhead driver and passenger lights

Check center console cover slide operation and middle/rear compartment lights

Check glovebox opening and closing functions (and lighting)

Check seat all position controls

Check driver and passenger footwell lighting

Check steering wheel control lights (they may need to be enabled in Driver settings)

Test connectivity of wireless phone charger

Infotainment inspection

Test the sound system to ensure all speakers are working (move fade/balance to all four points to verify)

Tap the "Toybox" icon at the bottom right of the screen and launch the Sketchpad app. Leave the Sketchpad up for a minute to make sure there are no phantom touches happening on the display, or dead pixels

GET OUT OF THE DRIVER'S SEAT

Gently test the driver and passenger door emergency releases

Check driver and passenger door puddle lights

Check all door latch button lights

Check all door window button lights

Check front, rear and middle seatbelts for proper operation

Check rear left and right clothing hook operation in the rear passenger area

Check the rear seats for proper fold-down operation

Check rear left and right overhead lights

Test connectivity in all USB ports (1 USB-A/1 USB-C in the front, 2 USB-C in the rear)

SECTION D - Lighting inspection

Front headlights (low and high-beam) operation and alignment. Ensure there is no condensation inside the light's housing

Front park lights

Front fog lights

TURN ON HAZARD LIGHTS

Front turn signal lights

Left and right turn signal lights

Rear turn signal lights

Rear running lights

Rear brake lights. Ensure there is no condensation inside the light's housing

SECTION E - Charging ability

Check the charge port door for proper operation

Check charge port indicator light

Ensure the vehicle will accept a charge

Check the mobile charging kit (J1772, NEMA 5-15, mobile connector with cable)

SECTION F - Inspect pairing connectivity

Test both key cards to ensure they work with your vehicle. Keep one key card on your person in case the phone app does not operate properly

Pair your smartphone to your vehicle over Bluetooth

SECTION G - Optional equipment

Check for front license plate bracket (if applicable in your region)

Check for the towing eye under the frunk mat

Maryland state deliveries should include Tesla's official inflation kit (usually stowed in trunk)

Verify that any additional floor mats are included (if ordered)

Reactions: DefenderNM
Model 3 Checklist

This pre-drive checklist is designed to be done in a specific flow to save time and make sure nothing is missed. You will essentially do several "laps" around the car. Start at the beginning and work your way down the list. By the end, your car will be fully reviewed. Feel free to print this out and bring it, along with a pen. Don't feel like you need to rush through the inspection. The delivery team at Tesla will certainly seem like they want to move quickly, but you don't need to leave the lot until you're 100% satisfied. Take your time

SECTION A - Verify pre-delivery vehicle records

Make sure the car you ordered is the car you're getting!

Check for the correct full name and address on your paperwork

Confirm the vehicle's VIN matches your paperwork

Check the vehicle's "About" screen for any information that does not match the vehicle (found by tapping the car icon in the bottom-left, then tapping Software)

Verify that the vehicle's Monroney record matches your configuration

Verify that the vehicle's body color, interior, and wheels match what you configured

SECTION B - Exterior inspection

Panel gaps

Do a lap of the car, check for any obvious body panel misalignment, or large gaps

Front of frunk properly aligns with where it meets the bumper

Trunk arms properly align with where they meet the left and right quarter panels

Headlights and rear lights are flush with the body

Charging port is flush with the body

Paint condition walkaround

Looking for scrapes, damage, overspray, underspray, dents and dings. Include all trim and door handles as part of this review

WITH ALL DOORS CLOSED

Inspect vehicle underside plastic trim (front and rear) for signs of scraping, or damage

Front bumper

Right front quarter panel

Right front wheel

Right passenger door

Right rear door

Right rear wheel

Right rear quarter panel

Trunk

Rear bumper

Left rear quarter panel

Left rear wheel

Left rear door

Driver's door

Left front wheel

Left front quarter panel

Frunk

OPEN ALL DOORS, INCLUDING FRUNK, TRUNK

Test power liftgate operation on trunk

Test all doors (including frunk and trunk) to ensure they open and close without unreasonable effort or sound

Ensure door windows auto-close completely when doors are closed

Check the frunk/trunk lighting

Check paint in areas such as door hinges, the bottom of the frunk/trunk, etc. that are not visible when doors are closed

Glass and seal condition

Inspect all glass (including side mirrors) for signs of distortion, scratches, or cracks

Inspect the weather seals around door gaps and windows

Verify that the water guards that line the trunk (below the rear windshield) are free and clear

Check for proper windshield and windshield trim installation

Inspect all edges of the roof glass panel and rear window

SECTION C - Interior inspection

Inspect interior seat upholstery, door surfaces, dash, headliner and carpets (including passenger compartment, frunk, and trunk)

SIT IN DRIVER'S SEAT

Check for any error messages on the display screen

Check all four windows to ensure they roll up and down properly

Test the windshield wipers

Test the rearview camera

Check side mirrors for proper operation of folding and position adjustment

Test the steering wheel position controls to ensure proper operation

Press the center of the steering wheel to make sure the vehicle's horn works

Check the rearview mirror for any warping or distortion

Check sunvisor operation, mirror condition and lighting operation

Front overhead driver and passenger lights

Check center console cover slide operation and middle/rear compartment lights

Check glovebox opening and closing functions (and lighting)

Check seat all position controls

Check driver and passenger footwell lighting

Check steering wheel control lights (they may need to be enabled in Driver settings)

Test connectivity of wireless phone charger

Infotainment inspection

Test the sound system to ensure all speakers are working (move fade/balance to all four points to verify)

Tap the "Toybox" icon at the bottom right of the screen and launch the Sketchpad app. Leave the Sketchpad up for a minute to make sure there are no phantom touches happening on the display, or dead pixels

GET OUT OF THE DRIVER'S SEAT

Gently test the driver and passenger door emergency releases

Check driver and passenger door puddle lights

Check all door latch button lights

Check all door window button lights

Check front, rear and middle seatbelts for proper operation

Check rear left and right clothing hook operation in the rear passenger area

Check the rear seats for proper fold-down operation

Check rear left and right overhead lights

Test connectivity in all USB ports (1 USB-A/1 USB-C in the front, 2 USB-C in the rear)

SECTION D - Lighting inspection

Front headlights (low and high-beam) operation and alignment. Ensure there is no condensation inside the light's housing

Front park lights

Front fog lights

TURN ON HAZARD LIGHTS

Front turn signal lights

Left and right turn signal lights

Rear turn signal lights

Rear running lights

Rear brake lights. Ensure there is no condensation inside the light's housing

SECTION E - Charging ability

Check the charge port door for proper operation

Check charge port indicator light

Ensure the vehicle will accept a charge

Check the mobile charging kit (J1772, NEMA 5-15, mobile connector with cable)

SECTION F - Inspect pairing connectivity

Test both key cards to ensure they work with your vehicle. Keep one key card on your person in case the phone app does not operate properly

Pair your smartphone to your vehicle over Bluetooth

SECTION G - Optional equipment

Check for front license plate bracket (if applicable in your region)

Check for the towing eye under the frunk mat

Maryland state deliveries should include Tesla's official inflation kit (usually stowed in trunk)

Verify that any additional floor mats are included (if ordered)
Thank you, I asked the same question to my SA and they replied to identify any issues via the mobile app as soon as possible.

Thanks for the NM waiting thread. I posted this elsewhere on the site (apologies if that is a site no-no- The site is a bit disorganized. I ordered a MYLR blue/black, no tow, 5-seat on December 11 and got an updated EDD in May (was July). Colorado Springs delivery. I’ve got family there so I’ve made the drive numerous times. Nervous about the supercharging- I fully expect to pull into a supercharger only to find the power down or the site otherwise non-functional. Does that happen much?